Presearch is the first decentralized search engine that focuses on privacy. It is powered by blockchain technology. You get rewarded PRE tokens by using it. you can also get PRE tokens by participating in the research ecosystem and running nodes. A node is a piece of software running on a distributed network of computers. I will also talk about the PRE token.
Presearch was launched in 2017 by CEO Colin Pape and Thomas LeClair.
On 1st September 2021, Presearch was listed as a default option on all new and factory-reset devices sold in the United Kingdom and Europe. This decision boosted the growth of Presearch and affected Google’s dominance in the search engine market.
The decision came after a prolonged legal battle with the European Commission over accusations that Google company used Android to reinforce its search engine dominance.
- When a user does a search on Presearch their query is sent to a node gateway server.
- The gateway anonymizes the user’s search removing their IP address, device, information, and any tracking codes to make their search anonymous.
- The gateway then selects a node based on the node’s speed location and trust levels.
- The gateway then sends the anonymized search query to the node.
- The node then distributes the search to available search indexes plus a number of other resources such as external search engines, APIs, and databases.
- The node then retrieves the results and returns them to the gateway.
- The gateway provides the node operator with a reward in the form of PRE tokens.
- The gateway then packages results, keyword ads, and settings into a result set. Keyword ads are placed by advertising using keyword staking.
- The gateway then sends the information to the Presearch web server.
- The web server builds the search user experience and returns it to the searcher’s web browser. Finally, the Presearch engine provides a reward to the user in the form of the PRE token.
That is how the Presearch engine provides top-quality search results while securing and satisfying the interests of all the participants including users, node operators, and advertisers with PRE tokens.
Presearch also provides keyword staking. If you stake the most tokens against a given keyword, your ad will show up when someone searches for that term on Presearch. If you choose to remove them from a given term, or if someone stakes more than you, your ad will no longer be shown. You still maintain ownership of your PRE while they are staked.
Another cool feature is that when you search any cryptocurrency or token that is recorded on CionMarketCap, you will get a result like the following image. This support for cryptocurrencies and tokens is integrated into the search engine and makes the searching process easier. Their data comes from CoinMarketCap.
PRE is an ERC-20 token on Ethereum. PRE is available on KuCoin, HitBTC, CoinEx, ProBit Global, and 1inch Exchange. It has a circulating supply of about 425 million PRE. The total supply was 1 billion previously, half of which was burned in April 2020. Now the PRE tokens have a maximum supply of 500,000,000.
At the time of the writing, the price of the PRE token is around $0.4. Its all-time high is over $0.7.
Presearch would benefit from the upcoming Ethereum network update to version 2.0. The result would be cheaper and faster transactions. The update also makes the Ethereum network more scalable and stable.
At the time of the writing, CoinMarketCap data shows 16840 holders. Supported wallets are Trust Wallet and Metamask.
On 1st December 2021, Preached celebrated surpassing 3 million registered users and 4 million searches/day.
Thanks for reading. You can follow and subscribe to stay updated.
Disclaimer: The following links are for education. They are not affiliate links.
You can follow Presearch on Twitter and other platforms like Medium.
You can learn how to start running a node here: