PHOENIX, AZ — On Saturday, July 10, 2021, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport announces that the Phoenix Sky Train will be shut down from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m on Sunday, July 11 through Saturday, July 31.
As a replacement for the Sky Train, Airport Shuttles will be in service for pick up and drop off at the terminals, East Economy Parking and the 44th Street Station. Here is the list of stops for the airport shuttle:
- West Economy Garage at Outer Curb, East End and Near Furthest East Crosswalk.
- Terminal 3 at North Side Outer Curb at Exit Door 3, South Side Outer Curb at Exit Door 8 and North Side Level 1 at Exit Door 7.
- Terminal 4 at South Side Level 1 at Exit Door 8.
- East Economy Lot at South Side of Train Station, West End.
- 44th Street Station at North Side of Train Station, East End.
Following the announcement, the Sky Harbor International Airport also announces several airport roadway restrictions. This restriction is due to the airport's construction projects. The first one is Westbound Interstate 10 Lane Closures that will be on Sunday, July 11 from 3 a.m. through 5 p.m. The closures will be between Broadway Road and 40th Street near the Sky Harbor International Airport.
The second is Buckeye Road restrictions that will be from Wednesday, July 14 through July 20 from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m. The closures will be on the left lanes of Buckeye Road that is going in both directions from 24th Street to Sky Harbor Circle South. In advance, restrictions will include access from Westbound Buckeye Road to the Eastbound Interstate 10 Freeway.
The last one is at Westbound Buckeye Road Lane. There will further notice about the restriction date on 23rd Street to 25th Place.
It is recommended to all road users to see the closure map.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.