Since the time Walmart announced it would close many of its stores across Chicago, Illinois, and other parts of the United States, buyers and employees seem to be unhappy. The company, however, says that the decision of closing the stores is made due to poor business performance.
The simplest explanation they give is that many stores in Chicago have not been profitable since the time they were opened. The company had to lose millions of dollars every year and the annual losses doubled in the past five years (source).
Not only the company has been affected, but also buyers and Walmart workers seem to be unhappy.
Walmart stores closed across Chicago
The following stores in Chicago have been closed and employees are left alone.
- #5781 Chatham Supercenter, the Walmart Health center
- #3166 Kenwood Neighborhood Market, 4720 S. Cottage Grove Ave
- The Walmart Academy, 8431 S. Stewart Ave
- #5646 Little Village Neighborhood Market, 2551 W. Cermak Road
- #5645 Lakeview Neighborhood Market, 2844 N. Broadway St
The pharmacies at these locations were left opened to serve people for nearly thirty days.
Where to start afresh?
If you have lost your job due to Walmart's closure in Chicago, there is no need to worry. You can still apply for a job at the following places.
- Target -- They are looking for multiple positions at different locations in Chicago. For example, you can work as Target Security Specialist at 3300 N. Ashland Ave Chicago, Illinois. Or else, you can apply for a job as Specialty Sales Team Leader and the location is 2939 W Addison St Chicago, Illinois. Here are complete details to ease your search.
- Kroger -- You can join the Kroger team as Assistant Store Leader. This job pays $67,000 a year and here you can find complete information.
Disclaimer: All the facts and quotes, etc. in this article are cited. Also, note that I have no direct/indirect link with the service/program provider. The article is solely written for informational purposes.
Please help me get a commission by downloading the app using my link. Thank you in advance.