Want to have fun and dream with your eyes wide open?
I have a list of the most beautiful movies I have seen in the last 25+ years, those that speak about romance and love stories in the most beautiful, unusual ways.
Oldies but goldies, plus a few films from the Eighties, Nineties, and Two Thousand's.
Great comedies or dramas, these movies are absolutely to be seen at least once in a lifetime, so don't lose hope, there are so many beautiful treasures to discover in the Cinema world, in the literature world.
1. The Mask - starring Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz, an explosive comedy with a happy ending.
2. The Holiday - starring Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet
3. The Notebook
4. The Pianist
5. Edward Scissorhands - starring Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder (one of the best movies ever).
6. The Phantom of the Opera - version 2004.
7. Around the World in Eighty Days - based on Jules Verne's adventures novel, it can also be seen as a romance movie.
9. New in Town - starring Renée Zellweger
11. The Ugly Truth - starring Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl).
12. PS. I Love You - with Gerard Butler
13. The Terminal - with Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
14. Once Upon a Time in Mexico - with Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayeck.
15. The Mask of Zorro (1998) - with Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
16. 50 First Dates - a splendid romantic comedy with Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore.
17. Bruce Almighty - starring Jim Carrey.
18. Mr. Popper's Penguins - starring Jim Carrey.
19. Yes Man - starring Jim Carrey.
20. Sweet November.
21. Sleepless in Seattle - starring Meh Ryan, Tom Hanks.
22. Moulin Rouge - starring Nicole Kidman.
24. Some Like It Hot - with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis - one of the most appreciated romantic comedies ever.
25. Bus Stop - starring Marilyn Monroe
26. Let's Make Love - starring Marilyn Monroe, Yves Montand
27. An Affair to Remember (1957), with Cary Grant
28. That Touch of Mink - starring Cary Grant and Doris Day
29. The Shop Around the Corner - with James Stewart
31. Queen Christina - starring Greta Garbo
32. Camille or La Dame Aux Camélias - starring Greta Garbo
33. Anna Karenina - starring Greta Garbo
34. Mr. Deeds Goes to Town - with Garry Cooper
35. Trouble in Paradise (1932 variant)
36. Somewhere in Time - one of the most beautiful movies ever, starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour
37. Scent of a Woman - starring Al Pacino
38. Alice Adams - starring Katharine Hepburn and Fred MacMurray.
39. Letter from an Unknown Woman - starring Joan Fontaine
40. Casablanca - with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman
41. A Star Is Born - the variants from 1954, 1976, 2018
42. To Catch a Thief - starring Cary Grant, Grace Kelly
43. Mr. Lucky - starring Cary Grant and Laraine Day
44. Roman Holiday - starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck
47. Breakfast at Tiffany's - with Audrey Hepburn
48. My Fair Lady - starring Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison
49. How To Steal a Million - starring Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole
50. Charade - starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. Though it is a mystery thriller, it also features the upcoming love story between the two protagonists.