The family-friendly event will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lealman Exchange
Hurricane season is here, and Pinellas County will host a free Hurricane Preparedness Day event on Saturday, June 4, to provide residents with a wealth of information and resources.
The family-friendly event will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lealman Exchange, 5175 45th St. N, St. Petersburg. Residents will have an opportunity to learn from the experts about how to prepare themselves, their families and their property for hurricane season.
Event highlights will include:
- Presentations by local experts on important storm-related topics, including hurricane planning for pets, Pinellas County flood risks, and a Q&A session about the 9-1-1 Regional Communications Center and County Information Center
- Find your evacuation zone and learn about zone changes
- Register for special needs assistance
- Free hurricane kits while supplies last
- Free hot dogs, snow cones and refreshments while supplies last
- Free vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine and boosters; flu vaccine & Hepatitis A vaccine
- Free pet services: microchips, rabies vaccine, tags and licensing
- See emergency response vehicles up close
“Our goal is to empower Pinellas County residents to be as prepared as possible,” said Pinellas County Emergency Management Director Cathie Perkins. “This event will be a fun and informative way for residents to learn how to protect themselves and their families as we head into hurricane season.”
Pinellas County residents and business owners can also learn more about preparing for hurricane season at storm.pinellascounty.org.
Comments / 0