Long Beach is a vibrant coastal city located about 30 minutes south of Los Angeles. The city is best known as the home of the historic Queen Mary cruise ship which sits just off its shores.
As a coastal city, Long Beach is packed with unique and fun things to do. Whether you're into water sports, museum visits, or just relaxing and enjoying the views, Long Beach will have plenty to keep you entertained during your visit.
This short guide to 24 hours in Long Beach is intended to inspire a first visit from those who have never been. Hopefully, this guide will give you a few ideas for planning a trip of your own.
If you happen to live in Long Beach I'd love to hear your recommendations for your favorite things to do. Locals always know the best spots, so share away in the comments down below.
Things to do in Long Beach
As mentioned above, since Long Beach sits along the coast you'll have access to an abundance of water and beach activities during your visit.
I've incuded a few of my own favorite things to do in Long Beach down below.
- Queen Mary: Historic cruise liner with staterooms, restaurants, and special events held throughout the year.
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Public aquarium located near the Long Beach Harbor with a variety of aquatic exhibits including jelly fish, sea otters, sharks, and frogs.
- Long Beach City Beach: This is the city's main beach located near downtown.
- Long Beach Museum of Art: Popular Long Beach art museum.
- Rainbow Lagoon Park: Fun city park with beautiful walking paths and swan shaped paddle boats.
- Alamitos Beach: Wide sandy beach perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and body boarding.
- Kayaking: Alamitos Bay is a really fun spot to go kayaking. If you've never tried it before, this is the place to do so.
In addition to what's listed above, you can find just about any activity available in Long Beach. The city also hosts a variety of major festivals and events throughout the year including those celebrating major holidays. You can find many of the city's most popular events listed here.
Where to eat in Long Beach
You'll find every kind of restaurant you can think of here in Long Beach. Below are a few of the city's most popular restaurants and cafes.
- Sophy's Fine Thai and Cambodian Restaurant: I've been told this is one of the best Cambodian restaurants in the city.
- The Nest: Great breakfast spot with all the classics.
- Long Beach Beer Lab: The perfect spot for local craft beers.
- Ahimsa Vegan Cafe: Serving really good vegan and vegetarian sandwiches, wraps, and salads.
- Nick's on 2nd: Popular spot for American comfort food.
No matter your favorite cuisine, you're sure to find a restaurant you'll love here in Long Beach. Not sure what to eat? I recommend walking around the downtown area and stopping in wherever looks good.
Where to stay in Long Beach
Long Beach is a relatively large city so you'll have no shortage of hotel options here no matter your budget. I've included a few suggestions below.
When making hotel reservations in Long Beach I recommend staying near the waterfront. This way you'll be walking distance to the beaches and downtown area. This is also where you'll find many of the city's best restaurants.
I hope you enjoyed this guide to 24 hours in Long Beach and that I've inspired you to plan a visit of your own. If you liked this article please consider giving me a follow for more local travel and lifestyle content covering Los Angeles and southern California. As always, thanks for reading.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.