Image by Candice Picard on Unsplash
If you are a woman, no matter what your age is, there are some things you should own. In fact, there are some things that you should keep with you at all times. Read this article and know what they are. Feel free to consider this as a checklist. If you don't have all the items mentioned here, then maybe you can go ahead and get yourself some. You're a queen. You deserve all the happiness in the world.
If you are a man, treat this article as a list of possible gifting ideas for your girlfriend, wife, mother, sister, or daughter. Let's face it - women make your life awesome just by existing. You should totally go out of your way to make sure they are aware of how much value they add.
But before you read, here's a disclaimer: not all the items on this list are materialistic. Many of the items mentioned here are psychological. If you are a woman and don't have them, you can try your best to improve yourself and be the best possible version of yourself. If you are a man and you are aware that the women in your life don't have these qualities, you can hold her hand and help her realize this. That way, not only will she become stronger and more independent, she will also cherish you for being so awesome and caring so much about her.
Without further ado, let's begin this all-exhaustive list of the twenty things every woman should possess, regardless of her age, country, or race. The items on this list will make you happier, stronger, and closer to being the best version of yourself.
1. Your own identity - what you bring to the table, something that defines you and sets you apart from the crowd. It could be your job or your passion, but please make it something more than just your looks (unless you’re in an industry that demands good looks). You can choose your identity based on your priorities and core values. No two women can have the same identity, and remember that you have the liberty to choose your own definition of "perfect".
2. A place to stay independently from your partner if you so wished (it could be your own rented apartment, an allotted quarter or your parents’ place). Your own space is important for your mental health. It's also important as it will give you the liberty to explore your creativity and take part in more pursuits that broader your horizon and help you become better and more fulfilled.
3. A savings plan where you put at least 30% of your salary/stipend in the bank each month. Financial security is important. Even if you have a joint bank account with your partner, it's important to have some money of your own to help you with your emergency expenses.
4. A healthy sleep cycle that lets you stay in bed for at least seven hours each day. Sleep rejuvenates your body and mind and pushes you to be more productive. No matter how much you love your job or how important it is to you never compromise on your sleep.
5. A skin and hair-care routine. Have some rituals to ground you and keep you sane. Bonus points if they help your skin glow and your hair shine.
6. A weekly workout plan that you stick to religiously. The human body was meant to keep moving. Don't let your beautiful body go to waste by simply sitting on the couch and staring at the TV or typing on a computer all day long.
7. A folder to keep all your important documents in one place. Another folder to keep duplicates ready. It's better of a version of this folder exists online too.
8. A wallet that lets you keep your money in without being overly heavy or eyeball-grabbing.
9. A comfortable bag to hold your phone, wallet, keys, and makeup.
10. Sanitary napkins, tampons, or menstrual cups as per your preference and convenience.
11. A warm overcoat for winter because shrugs may look trendy but there nothing like a good old jacket to keep the winter chill at bay.
12. A map of the area, a GPS device or a phone that has internet connectivity, and a good 'maps' app.
13. A vehicle (or at least, enough money to book public transport at short notice) so you don't have to depend on anyone to pick you up and drop you off.
14. A bottle of pepper spray, a taser, a pocket knife - something to protect yourself in worst-case scenarios.
15. A collection of bras as per the occasion: T-shirt bra for everyday use, a medium impact sports bra for working out, strapless and longline bras for special occasions, and lacy lingerie for those extra-special times (you know what I mean).
16. Soft and comfortable cotton panties. Yes, lace and silk look attractive, but they also lead to increased chances of yeast infections, itching, and odor.
17. Practical footwear to last you through a long day of work. Sexy footwear to let you be the life of the party at night.
18. A stole, shawl, or a comforter to cover yourself during the harsh summers and/or some good sunscreen.
19. At least one book on your 'To Be Read' list. It can be any genre or category as long as it gets you excited enough to want to read it.
20. And last but not least, a good vibrator. I cannot stress enough how important it is for a woman to intimately know her body and what gets her off. If you yourself haven't figured out what works for you, how can you expect your partner to work magic in bed?
Also, why deny ourselves the sheer pleasure of an earth-shattering orgasm a vibe can bring? Who says women need men to have fun!
PS: I write this article from the point of view of an upper-middle-class educated woman. Some of the items on my list might appear as luxuries, but that is because this answer comes from my limited personal experience.
Please do comment with any additions to the list that come to your mind.