This is one of my most frequently requested recipes, and it's so simple to prepare that it's always my go-to "last-minute" treat. Consider yourself warned, if you prepare them, you will be the star of your next gathering, and you will get several compliments and maybe a few individuals beating down your door! These crunchers taste similar to Twix bars only with butterscotch, but are far more tasty and can be created in the comfort of your own home anytime you want!
Layers of wonderful crunchy club crackers, graham cracker crumbs, melted sugar and butter, and a delightful combination of semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and creamy peanut butter top these crunchers. It's a flavor explosion that will make your taste buds sing with delight.
Why I Love These!
- This recipe makes a ton of treats especially if you cut them a bit smaller. They are a bit rich so a little goes a long way.
- No need to turn on the oven
- Crowd Pleaser! I always get requests to bring these places and for the recipe.
- Sinful with just the right amount of sweet vs. salty
- 1 box of Keebler Club Crackers (or comparable brand)—about 80 crackers
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
- 2 cups Graham crackers, thoroughly crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (I like to use creamy)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Dark or milk chocolate would also work.)
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet (with a lip) with aluminum foil and place to the side. Make sure the foil extends at least one inch. Place 1 layer of crackers on the foil, cutting them if required to fit.
2. Melt your two sticks of butter in a medium-to-large saucepan. When the butter has melted, stir in the Graham cracker crumbs, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Allow your mixture to come to a boil and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Make sure you're continually stirring. You may start your 5-minute timer when you see bubbles.
3. Remove half of the butter, sugar, and graham cracker mixture from the heat and distribute it over the crackers. Add another layer of crackers on top and continue with the remaining butter, sugar, and graham cracker mixture. Then add another layer of crackers on top.
4. Melt your butterscotch and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, along with your peanut butter. Stir continually until the mixture is melted and smooth. Once melted, pour the mixture equally over the crackers and smooth them out with a spatula to cover all of them. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, covered.
Note: If your butterscotch chips do not entirely melt, don't worry; it will still taste delicious!
5. When the crunchers have totally cooled. Remove the foil from the pan and cut it into bars. I make my bars on the smaller side; these tiny gems are really tasty but quite rich!
6. Enjoy Friends! ❤️
This is one of my most requested recipes and it's so easy to make that it's always my go to "last minute" treat. I can guarantee if you make these, you will be the star at your next gatherin, with lots of compliments coming your way. These crunchers are very reminisent of Twix bars but only more delicious and can be made in the comfort of your own home whenever you like! These crunchers are layers of delicious crisp club crackers, married with graham cracker crumbs melted sugar and butter, all topped off with a luscious blend of semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and creamy peanut butter. These are It's a flavor explosion that will have your taste buds doing a happy dance.
- 1 package of Keebler Club Crackers (or similar brand) - you will use around 80 crackers
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 2/3 C peanut butter (I like to use creamy)
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (you could also use dark or milk chocolate)
- 1/2 C butterscotch chips
1. Using a 9 X 13-inch baking sheet with a lip line with aluminum foil. Be sure to allow the foil to extend at least an inch. Place 1 layer of your crackers down on the foil, cut if necessary to allow them to fit.
2. Using a medium to large pan melt your 2 sticks of butter. Once melted add your graham cracker crumbs, milk, granulated and brown sugars. Allow your mixture to come to a boil and boil for 5 mins. Make sure you are stirring constantly. You can begin your 5 minute time at the first sign of bubbles.
3. Remove your butter, sugar and graham cracker mixture from teh heat and spread half of the mixture over your crackers. Now add another layer of crackers on top of that and repeat using the last of the butter, sugar and graham cracker mixture. Then top with another layer of crackers.
4. Using a medium saucepan on medium low heat - add your butterscotch and chocolate chips along with your peanut butter. Stir your mixture constantly until melted and smooth. Once melted pour your mixture evenly over the crackers and using a spatula smooth out, so all your crackers are covered. Place in the fridge covered for at least 1 hours.
Note: If you are not able to get your butterscotch chips to completely melt, don't fret, it's still going to taste amazing!
5. Once your crunchers are completely cooled. Lift your foil out of the pan and cut into bars. I make my bars on the smaller side - these little gems are beyond delicious but rich!