This dish is not only incredibly delicious, but it is also about as simple as it gets. Imagine returning home to the fragrance of delicate, delicious beef that has been slow-cooked to perfection—a no-fuss supper that will have you daydreaming about the leftovers the following day. My mouth is watering just thinking about these sandwiches; these are drool worthy little gems.
I'll be honest: I always make two crockpots full because it's that wonderful. That way, there will be plenty for everyone (even the kids' last-minute pals who pop up after school!). This is by far the best weeknight meal for busy families. Even if you don't have a tight schedule, this meal will become a weekly staple!
PREP TIME: 10 MIN; COOK TIME: 8 HOURS; TOTAL TIME: 8 HOURS 10 MIN; SERVINGS: 10
- 3-4 pound beef roast
- 1 medium onion (cut into rings)
- 1 box Lipton onion soup mix (or equivalent brand)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups beef broth 4 slices provolone cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Set your slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours and add your roast, onion slices, onion soup mix, minced garlic, and beef broth.
- Once your roast is fall apart tender, shred into bite size chunks
- Toast your hoagie buns and stuff them with your beef. Top with pieces of provolone cheese and broil until the cheese melts.
- ** If you want a thicker au jus or sauce, use 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water and whisk to blend. Add the contents to your slow cooker and cook on high until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Dip your sandwiches into your au jus and enjoy!