With fall upon us, the kaleidoscope of vibrant foliage and warm, cozy sweaters is here. With that comes the irresistible urge to savor comforting, soul-warming dishes. As our days begin to grow shorter, my family's cravings shift towards heartier meals that warm the body and spirit. This season, why not simplify your meal planning with delicious, quick, and easy meal prep solutions?
What's better than a bowl of rich, creamy chicken soup? Imagine chunks of shredded chicken, the creamy allure of melted cheese, and the smoky, savory goodness of crispy bacon all harmonizing in a single, comforting bowl.
This recipe is not only mouthwatering delicious; it's easy to make and can be ready in about a half hour. The perfect end to a busy weeknight
Servings: 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins; Cook Time: 20 mins; Total Time: 30 mins
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups cooked shredded chicken (perfect use of a rotisserie chicken!)
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 C baby spinach or baby kale
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- Sliced green scallions, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, cook your bacon until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, set your bacon aside to drain and crumble it up once it has cooled. Leave your grease in the pot.
- Toss in your butter and melt, then add your onions and cook for 3–4 minutes. Then add your minced garlic and cook till fragrant—around 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in your chicken broth and make sure to incorporate or scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Toss in your seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, dill, chives, salt and pepper, bay leaves).
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to low and allow the flavors to meld for about 5 minutes.
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Next, add your chunks of cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Whisk until your cheeses have melted and are thoroughly incorporated into your soup.
- Lastly, add half of your crumbled bacon, heavy cream, and baby spinach (or kale); cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Remove your bay leaves.
- Remove your soup from the stove and dish up! Top with your scallions and remaining bacon crumbles.
- Enjoy Friends! ❤️