Let us visit the enchanting realm of fall-inspired baking. The brisk fall air meets the warm, comforting scent of freshly baked pastries. As we see the leaves change and reluctantly realize that our days are growing shorter, what better time than now to appreciate the season's comforts?
Everyone celebrates autumn with pumpkins and apples, but I like to add a citrus flavor to mine. And nothing beats these delectable gooey lemon cookies. Lemon's zesty brightness combined with the snug, inviting emotions of autumn make them the ideal weekend treat or after-school snack. These cookies come together fast and are ready in about a half hour.
TIME TO PREPARE: 5 MINUTES; TIME TO COOK: 10 MINUTES; TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounce of softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large room temperature Egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (to roll cookie dough in)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and put aside.
- Beat softened butter, cream cheese, lemon zest, and granulated sugar with a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer).
- Then stir in the egg, vanilla, and lemon extracts. Mix until everything is contained.
- On low, gradually pour in your flour, baking powder, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cream the ingredients until it is smooth.
- Fill a shallow dish or pie plate halfway with the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Scoop the dough (2 tablespoons) and roll it in the powdered sugar in a shallow basin. Place 6 dough balls on each parchment-lined baking sheet (cookies will spread).
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes. The tops will no longer have a "wet" appearance.
- Allow your cookies to cool for 5-7 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to cooling racks to cool fully.
- Enjoy Friends! ❤️