Treat your taste buds to these delicious chocolate peanut butter cookies. They are an irresistible combination of rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter, a classic flavor that is sure to please the whole family. These cookies are a treat for the senses, with a chewy, melt-in-your-mouth texture and a flavor profile that strikes a nice balance between sweet and nutty, one cookie will not be enough! Your taste buds will do a happy dance as they take you on a delicious adventure all the way to flavor-town!
- Don't overfill the measuring cup with cocoa powder (don't pack the powder).
- I like to put the reserved 1/2 cup of sugar in a Ziploc bag to prevent mess.
- Dip the fork into the sugar before pressing the pattern into the tops of the cookies to keep it from adhering.
- 2 1/4 C of all purpose flour
- 2/3 C cocoa powder (loosely scooped), Spoon the cocoa powder into the measuring cup.
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 C sugar, divided (1/2 cup for rolling cookie dough balls in before baking).
- 1 C (2 sticks) butter at room temperature
- 1 C smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/4 C light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift your flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder together. Set it aside for now.
- Set aside your 1/2 cup of sugar in a ziplock baggie to roll the dough balls in for the crisscross pattern.
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand held mixer), cream the softened butter and peanut butter together.
- Blend in the granulated and brown sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Mix just till combined.
- Pour in the pure vanilla extact.
- Add your sifted flour and cocoa mixture gradually.
- Place your dough in the fridge and allow to chill for at least 1 hour before baking.
- After your dough has been properly chilled, Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a tablespoon or a small cookie dough scoop to scoop out the dough and roll it into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls in a baggie and coat them well with the reserved 1/2 cup sugar.
- The sugared cookie dough balls should be about two inches apart.
- With a fork, make a crisscross pattern in the cookies. To keep the fork from sticking, coat it with sugar.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for three to four minutes. Allowing the cookie to cool on the baking sheet ensures that it retains its shape and can be taken off the parchment paper without sticking or coming apart.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before storing them in an airtight container.
Enjoy Friends! ❤️