This quick bread recipe has a soft and moist crumb with a delicious, robust pumpkin and cinnamon flavor. This is a bread recipe that is easy to make; it's a sweet bread that goes deliciously with that morning cup of java. This bread is so good that in my opinion, there is no need for a glaze or frosting. However some honey butter spread over the top is a different story!
If you want, you can add some semi-sweet chocolate chips, fresh or frozen cranberries, or walnuts to your quick bread. I've tried them all, and they are all delicious. I love the pop of fresh cranberries, it's a favorite!
This bread freezes very well, so I would recommend making a double batch because the first loaf will not last long. Mark my words!
Makes 1 loaf (I highly recommend doubling this!)
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 8 oz. pumpin puree
- Set your oven to 350 Fahrenheit . Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan (8 1/2"x4 1/2")
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine with a whisk your dry ingredients (flour, granulated and brown sugar, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and clove)
- In another bowl, whisk your eggs, oil, and pumpkin purée.
- Combine your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour your batter into your prepared bread pan. Place in the oven. Allow your loaf to bake for 45–50 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean (my oven took 48 minutes).
- When done, remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.