You will never go back to making lemonade the old way again! This drink is so refreshing and delicious, it’ll be a staple in your home during the summer months! It’s the perfect drink for summer barbecues and get-togethers; you can even make it boozy if you want a more adult version. A splash of Malibu rum is an amazing addition for those adult-only bomb fires!
The sweetened, creamy condensed milk balances out the tart bite of the lemons that you love so much in this creamy, dreamy lemonade. If you don’t have lemons, you can also do this with limes (you may need to add a bit more sweetened condensed milk due to the lime's tartness).
Normally, to make buttermilk, you add lemon juice to milk or cream and wait 10–15 minutes for it to curdle to get that sour buttermilk taste. Thankfully, when you add lemon juice to sweetened condensed milk, it will not curdle; it just makes a mouth-watering and refreshing drink that’s reminiscent of a big slice of lemon meringue pie.
- Either use a whisk to combine your condensed milk and juice or use an immersion blender. It will make easy work of getting the juice combined.
- Make sure to juice your lemons in a separate container; that way, you can retrieve any seeds that may be present! No one wants crunchy lemonade!
- Use very cold water so it’s as refreshing as possible! You could even use sparkling water if you wanted some effervescence.
- Once you’re done, taste and adjust to your liking. Some people like to add some sugar to the mix. I personally think it’s sweet enough, but if you want it a bit sweeter, toss in 1/4–1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5–6 lemons squeezed)
- 1/2 can or about 7 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 C. Ice-cold water
- 2 C ice
- Granulated Sugar If wanted (1/4 -1/2 cup)
- Squeeze your lemons in a separate container; remove all seeds that may have fallen in. Add it to your pitcher. Pour in your sweetened condensed milk and either use a whisk or immersion blender to get it well combined.
- Add the cold water, and again, using your whisk or immersion blender, combine well. Then toss in your ice cubes.
- Add candied lemon rind, some crushed berries, or mint as garnish, and serve!
- Enjoy Friends! 🍋