Delicious, full of chocolatey fudgy flavor, chewy and moist with a decadent frosting that gets that little bit of crisp on the top. These will be your new obsessions. Ever since I found this recipe, I’ve been on a brownie kick. These are the absolute best brownies, and they are so reminiscent of my elementary school days. Gosh, those brownies were what we school kids looked forward to—that and pizza day! This is an oldie but a goodie recipe that was pulled out of the archives of a church cook book—apparently a vintage recipe from the sweet ladies who served our lunches. Go ahead and toss out all those other recipes; this is the only one you will need!
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Total Time: 45 minutes; Serves: 16
- 2 sticks of butter melted (1 cup)
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 4 Eggs: Large
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, softened
- 4 Tbsp. Milk
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa powder - Unsweetened
- 3 C Confectionary sugar
- Set your oven to 350°F. Line with foil a 913-inch baking dish, then spray with nonstick spray.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, add your butter (melted) and cocoa powder. Beat until smooth.
- Next, add in your flour and sugar and blend together. Then add your eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Your batter will be thick.
- Using your prepared 9 x 13-inch dish, pour in your batter and, using a spatula, spread it evenly. Put it in the oven for 25–30 minutes. Test with a toothpick; when inserted into the center of your brownies, you want it to come out clean.
- While your brownies are cooking, make your frosting. Using a hand or stand mixer, add all your ingredients together and beat until smooth.
- Let your brownies sit for 15 minutes, then frost! You want your brownies to be a bit warm when you spread the frosting.
- Completely cool before cutting and serving.
- Enjoy, friends! ❤️