This is not your average coleslaw recipes. It has a great crunch, a zesty and savory flavor with a creamy dressing and just a hint of sweetness. It’s the perfect balance of flavors and blows your average coleslaw outta the water. You will be craving this delicious salad all summer long.
This is a recipe that takes no time to make and uses everyday ingredients. I spice this recipe up with some celery salt, creamy dijon mustard and some flavorful onion powder.
- Mayonnaise and sour cream (full fat)
- White distilled vinegar
- Savory Dijon mustard - Trust me it won’t taste like mustard
- Celery salt - Brings an earthly bright flavor to your slaw - don’t skip it!
- Onion powder
- Coleslaw mix - You can buy premade or cut it up yourself. Up to you.
Grab a medium sized bowl and combine all you ingredients. Stir until smooth. Taste and adjust to your tastebuds. In a large bowl add your slaw mix. Pour over the dressing and combine well. Place in the refrigerator so your flavors can meld. When ready to serve, mix your slaw again and enjoy!
- This is a great salad to make ahead. It gets better with time, it’s one of those “tastes better the next day” kinda salads.
- If you want to make a smaller quantity then just 1/2 your ingredients.
- If you are going to make your own coleslaw mix. Thinly cut/shred a medium head of green cabbage and a large carrot or two. You can mix purple and green cabbage if you want. You need a total of 8 cups (or close to that amount).
- If you don’t have celery salt but do have celery seed you can just add a 1 -1 1/2 tsps of salt to the celery seed and use that. Just make sure you taste and properly season (it’s a lot of cabbage!).
How to Store:
- Lasts 3-5 days in the fridge. You will begin to lose some crunch the longer it sits. If you have had this salad outdoors for any length of time - eat it up ASAP, Mayonnaise and high heat are not friends.
PREP TIME: 10 mis. TOTAL TIME: 10mins SERVINGS: 8
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix (or 8 cups is your making it yourself)
- Using a medium sized bowl add all your ingredients (except your cabbage). Mix well to combine your sauce. Taste and season to your taste.
- In a large bowl add our cabbage mixture. Pour your dressing over the top and mix well.
- Place in fridge to allow flavors to meld.
- Enjoy Friends! ❤️