These Carrot Cake Bars are absolutely delicious and a must have on your table this coming Easter. The make a great after dinner dessert or accompany an Easter brunch perfectly, they’re even a great pick me up after the big Easter egg hunt!. A decadent cheesecake swirl is incorporated into your vanilla and cinnamon spiced carrot cake bars, instead of the typical cream cheese frosting on top. Feel free to incorporate some crunch by adding pecans or walnuts to your mix.
PREP TIME: 25 mins, COOK TIME: 40 mins, TOTAL: 1 hr. 5min, SERVINGS: 20 bars, CALORIES: 323 kcal
- 1 C butter (melted)
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla (pure extract)
- 2 C flour (all purpose)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups carrots - finely shredded
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 block or 8 ounces cream cheese (softened/room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9”x13” baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Carrot Cake Bars
- Take your 1 cup of butter and melt it in the microwave. Usually takes 30-45 seconds.
- In a large bowl add your melted butter to your brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Next add your egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Follow that by adding your dry ingredients - flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Lastly fold in your carrots (and nuts if you are using) and set your mixture aside.
- Grab a medium sized bowl and your hand mixer. Add your sugar and cream cheese to the bowl and beat until smooth and combined.
- Once combined add in your egg yolks and vanilla. Beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Using half of your batter cover the bottom of your pan - smooth it out with a spatula.
- Take half of the cheesecake batter and add it to your carrot cake by dropping spoonfuls or dollops of cream cheese batter on top. Do NOT SWIRL YET!
- Pour your remaining carrot cake batter over the top of your last layer.
- Add the last of your dollops or spoonfuls of cream cheese batter on top.
- Now the Fun! Take a knife or toothpick and swirl the batters together. Do as much as your little heart desires.
- Place in your preheated oven until the edges are golden brown (usually takes about 35 to 40 minutes). When they are done you should see just a hint of a jiggle in the center.
- Cool completely then cut and serve! Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy Friends!
References Adapted By:
Miranda (2019 Apr 3 · Updated 2022, Apr 14) Carrot Cake Bars [Blog Post] Retrieved from: https://www.cookiedoughandovenmitt.com/carrot-cake-bars/
Comments / 8