I absolutely love Caesar Dressing, I can make an entire meal outta a good Caesar Salad. A long time ago I gave up buying salad dressings and began making my own at home. I did this for a few reasons, first, I almost always have on hand the ingredients for a good italian dressing. Homemade dressing has a lot less additives and preservatives and takes no time to put together. Lastly they always taste better, having the ability to add fresh ingredients to your dressing really brings it over the top and you can adjust your dressing to your likes and taste buds!
This homemade caesar dressing is no exception, it uses no fancy equipment and can be made in just a few minutes using an immersion blender or just a whisk and bowl. I like to make my dressing a few hours a head of time to give the flavors time to meld. I also find it helps to mellow out the garlic and makes it more cohesive in the dressing.
WHAT GOES INTO A TRADITIONAL CAESAR DRESSING?
Normally, caesar salad dressing is comprised of olive oil, egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, lemon, mustard, garlic, anchovies and pepper. My recipe omits the use of raw eggs (eliminating any health risks), replacing with a combination of mayonnaise, sour cream and Greek yogurt. This combination gives a fantastic thick dressing that’s a bit lighter on the calories (thanks to the reduction of the mayo by using greek yogurt and sour cream)
ANCHOVIES, YEAHH OR NAYY?
I get it …. Eww right?? But in this dressing, they really add a huge amount of flavor and depth to the dressing. Honestly you won’t even know that they are in there, but you will appreciate the umami taste and complexity they give, they elevate this dressing from one dimensional to off the charts delish! I like to use anchovy paste, you can find it at the grocery store, usually near the tuna fish. It’s all ready to go in a tube, but if you want you can always use anchovy filets and mash/blend them up.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- In a quart size mason jar, add your mayonnaise, sour cream, Greek yogurt, anchovy paste, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and minced garlic. Grab your immersion blender and blend away getting everything well combined (if you don’t have an immersion blender then take all your ingredients and add them to a bowl and give your arm muscles a work out with a whisk). After you have everything combined well, add in a 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese - blender or stir to combine. Add a top to your mason jar and store in the fridge until ready for use.
- Enjoy Friends!
Comments / 6