I had my first fruit pizza back in the early 2000’s at a Pampered Chef party. You all remember those right? I’m sure many of you even have some pampered chef tools in your kitchen right now! I personally love my pampered chef stuff, but what I really loved was some of the recipes that they came up with! I had a can of sugar cookie dough rolling around my fridge and thought that this was the perfect opportunity to try out a Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Pizza. I was responsible for a dish to pass for my daughters Girl Scout function, so I figured what better time to try this out! Let me tell you, it did not disappoint!
FYI.... you absolutely can make your own sugar cookie dough - I’m using what I have, and to be honest I’m always running around like crazy between kids, the farm, work and life in general. If I can use a bit of a shortcut, dang it I’m using it! But you do you, buy or make your own - no judgement here!
- 16.5 ounce tube of Sugar Cookie dough - (or homemade)
- 12 oz. softened cream cheese
- 6 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Fruit of choice! I like to use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, “Cutie” brand mandarin oranges. I stay away from fruits that are high in water such as watermelon. Grapes, blackberries, pineapple and bananas would also work well.
- Grab yourself a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper
- On your parchment lined cookie sheet, take your sugar cookie dough and roll it into an Egg shape (trim as needed working your excess dough back into your egg shape).
- Bake your sugar cookie dough till golden brown. Consult the package for directions and oven temp or if using homemade - check your recipe for baking time and oven temp.
- Once cooked allow your “egg” to cool.
- Make your cream cheese frosting. Grab your stand or hand mixer and beat the cream cheese and butter together until lump-free and smooth and creamy.
- On medium speed slowly add in your powdered sugar. Lastly combine your vanilla and mix till everything is well incorporated.
- Grab your cooled Easter egg cookie and frost it with your cream cheese frosting.
- Once frosted add your delicious and colorful fruit!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy Friends!
Comments / 0