An 8-inch spoon was stuck in the man's esophagus for a year.

Richard Scott
Image byCDC/Unsplash

Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purposes only.

One of the weirdest case that happened in human history was a steel spoon stuck in a man's esophagus for a year, which shockingly didn't cause too much trouble.

In 2017, a man named Mr. Zhang, who was in his early 20s, swallowed an 8-inch-long utensil on a dare, and the spoon tip got stuck in the man's esophagus.

Surprisingly, Mr. Zhang didn't face any severe problems or discomfort with breathing for months.

In October 2018, this all changed when Mr. Zhang was punched in the chest, and his breathing problems started with chest pain.

Finally, Mr. Zhang decided to go to the hospital when the pain became unbearable, where doctors examined him thoroughly and found out an 8-inch-long spoon was stuck in his esophagus.

Dr. Yu Xiwu, director of the hospital's Department of Otolaryngology, said, "I was very surprised. I have never encountered a similar patient."

At last, doctors decided to remove the spoon immediately because it could spread a life-threatening infection if it was left there any longer.

A team of three doctors performed a two-hour long procedure where they removed the spoon from his esophagus using a pair of forceps.

As the doctors removed the spoon, Mr. Zhang started feeling major relieved.

Finally, doctors give a piece of advice that people should not perform such stunts, which could be life-threatening for them.

If you have any valuable opinions or advice on this article, please put them in the comment section, and if you think more people should read this article, share it on social media with your friends and family.

Be sure to follow me for more updates.

Comments / 19

Published by

A passionate writer and journalist and bring you the latest news.


More from Richard Scott

Comments / 0