You feel guilty!
Guilty because you are not doing enough, guilty because you should be working more, guilty because you should focus better.
Don’t worry, this is normal; feeling guilty IS actually normal, but that doesn’t mean it’s productive!
So, how do you decrease your guilt and increase your productivity
First, let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of guilt:
- Feeling like you are not doing enough or working hard enough
- Worrying about what others will think of you if you take a break
- Thinking that you should be able to do everything yourself
Now that we know some of the most common causes of guilt, let’s look at how we can decrease it:
- Prioritize: Figure out what is the most important thing that you need to do, and do that first. This will help reduce the feeling of guilt because you will be crossing things off your list.
- Set realistic goals: Don’t try to do everything at once, set realistic goals for yourself and focus on one task at a time.
- Take breaks: Breaks are important, they help you refocus and reenergize. Don’t feel guilty about taking a break, it will actually help you be more productive.
- Delegate: If you can delegate tasks to others, do it! This will help lighten your load and reduce the amount of guilt you feel.
- Stop comparing yourself to others: Comparing yourself to others is never productive, so stop doing it! You are unique and you have strengths that nobody else has, focus on those strengths and don’t worry about what everyone else is doing.
- Reward yourself: It is important to reward yourself for a job well done, so do it! You deserve it and your productivity will increase as a result.
Is this a lot of tips? Yes it is, but don’t worry about remembering them all at once! Start small by trying one tip each day until you have incorporated them into your daily routine. Decreasing your guilt and increasing your productivity will be a lot easier than you think!
Remember, guilt is normal but it doesn’t mean it’s productive! Follow these tips to help decrease your guilt and increase your productivity. Prioritize, set realistic goals, take breaks, delegate, stop comparing yourself to others, reward yourself and enjoy your success!