Welcome to Goblin Valley State Park! This strange and colorful landscape is filled with bizarre sandstone rock formations called goblins. Visitors can wander off-trail to explore the geology and hike among the nooks and gnomes. This remote but very popular campground is a great base for exploring the goblins and the nearby San Rafael Swell. Near the town of Hanksville, approximately 216 miles southeast of Salt Lake City. Open year round. No holiday closures.
What No One Tells You About Goblin Valley Yurt Camping
- There is no service in the park.
- There is a campground inside the park with rv camping, tent camping, and yurts. There is a bathhouse with showers for everyone to share. If you plan to stay in a yurt, bring your own linens and pillows.
- There are only two yurts, Yurt 1 and Yurt 2, we stayed in Yurt 1 which is more hidden and within the canyon versus yurt 2 which is by the roadside.
- For sleeping, there’s a single bed bunked on top of a double bed, as well as a futon couch. A table with four chairs is provided inside, and reclining deck chairs are available for outdoor relaxation.
- For cooking, an outdoor grill is available along with propane free of charge.
- There is heating & a/c in the yurts. The price was $118 a night for the yurt & $35 a night for camping.
We were so excited to stay here and basically have the place to ourselves! We felt like little children playing on a huge playground full of rocks! We can't wait to go back one day and bring our future kids. There are a ton of activities such as hiking, biking, frisbee, etc.
Can you fly a drone here? Yes, Jeremy did! According to the park website, "Drone use is by permit only. Permits may be obtained at the visitor center for a fee of $10.00. Permit blackouts may occur during special events, emergencies, and periods of especially high visitation."
This place has been on my bucket list for awhile now. Months ago, we were so bummed when we checked their availability and they were booked out till the end of the year. Well, I check the website every once in awhile and booom!!! One night randomly opened up! And we got it. Let me know if you have any other questions or let me know if you have ever stayed or visited Goblin Valley State Park!