Disneyland has announced its reopening date along with capacity details, ride news, mask requirements, and all the details you need to know before you go.
Disneyland Reopening Date
Downtown Disney and Buena Vista Street are both currently open and Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park will reopen on April 30th, 2021.
Here are the other Important Dates to Know before you Go!
- April 9: Disneyland calendar with single-day ticket pricing is released
- April 12: Disneyland Resort to open theme park reservations no earlier than 8 am PT for California residents who already have theme park tickets.
- April 15: New Disneyland Resort tickets will be available for California residents. Reservations will also be available for Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- April 22: Dining Reservations and Savi’s Workshop reservations are available.
What is Disneyland’s Capacity?
Disneyland Park is a 100-acre park that accommodates about 85,000 people. Disney’s California Adventure has a capacity of 50,000 people.
- Disneyland Park: 85,000 people
- California Adventure Park: 50,000 people
What is Disneyland Capacity for Reopening?
Disneyland is reopening at 25% capacity. Disneyland is currently operating in Orange County’s “Orange Tier” of California’s reopening system whereas theme parks are able to reopen. Of course, Disneyland Resort can open at whatever capacity they feel appropriate. Chapek had previously stated that a 15%- 25% capacity felt best. The park is directly tied to the county tiers system. As a result, as Orange county moves into higher tiers, Disneyland will then be able to as well.
At 15% Capacity Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure can accommodate:
- Disneyland Park: 12,750 people
- California Adventure Park: 7,500 people
At 25% Capacity Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure can accommodate:
- Disneyland Park: 21,250 people
- California Adventure Park: 12,500 people
Disneyland Reopening FAQ
- Park Hopping is back and can begin anytime after 1:00 PM each day
- California residents ONLY are able to purchase tickets
- Theme park reservations must be for no more than 10 people within 3 households
- Tickets must be linked to guest’s Disneyland account before making reservations
- Theme park reservations can only be made up to 60 days in advance
- For guests planning on staying at a Disneyland Resort property, hotel reservations do not guarantee park access. Guests will need to make theme park reservations on their own.
Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Tickets
How Much will Disneyland Tickets Be?
Check out the Disneyland website on April 9th, the Disneyland calendar with single-day ticket pricing will be released
Can Out of State Guests Visit Disneyland?
Not right now. Until further notice, Disneyland will ONLY be open for California Residents at this time. This is in accordance with California State guidelines.
How Can I get a Ticket to Disneyland?
Tickets to Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure are available to California Residents ONLY at this time. And in addition to a Disneyland Ticket, you must also have a Disney Park Pass Reservation. Disneyland has updated their Tickets Know Before you Go Page! So check out the Disneyland Tickets Page for details. For discounted ticket information visit Get Away Today .
When Will Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Tickets Go On Sale?
Theme Park Ticket Sales will resume on April 15th, 2021 when guests without tickets can make their purchase. New Disneyland Resort tickets will be available for California residents ONLY. Reservations will also be available for Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
When Can I book a Disneyland Vacation in 2021?
Guests can purchase Vacation Packages starting April 15, 2021, for stays starting April 29, 2021.
Disneyland’s Park Reservation System
Are Reservations Required for Disneyland?
Yes. Guests ages 3 and up must have a valid ticket for Disneyland or Disneyland California Adventure AND a Park Reservation. A Park Reservation needs to be made in advance and is REQUIRED. Disneyland Resort Guests are not guaranteed a park reservation and must make it separately. Park Reservations are required for each day of your vacation, or each day you have tickets. Theme park reservations must be for no more than 10 people within 3 households
Can I use a Park Hopper Ticket at Disneyland?
Yes, Guests must reserve their first park of the day with the Disneyland Park Reservation system. If a Park Hopper has been purchased the second park does not have to be reserved in the system, BUT they are not allowed to enter the second park until 1 pm on the day.
When Can I Book a Disneyland Park Reservation?
April 12th for existing ticket holders the Disneyland Theme Park Reservation System will launch on April 12th. Disneyland Resort will open theme park reservations no earlier than 8am PT for California residents who already have theme park tickets.
Disneyland Heath and Saftey Protocols
Much like Walt Disney World’s health and safety practices, Disneyland has the same setup. Check out all the Experience Updates at Disneyland for up-to-date changes.
- Disney Park Pass Reservation System
- Temperature Screenings are required for entry
- Contactless Payments
- Mobile Ordering is Recommended
- Heightened Cleaning and Hand Sanitizer Stations
- Masks Requirements
- Masks are required for ALL guests ( and staff ) ages 2 and up.
- Even guests who have had the vaccine are required to comply with the mask policy.
- Mask removal is allowed while actively eating and drinking, but you must remain stationary and remain distanced from others.
- Masks must be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
What Masks are NOT allowed in Disneyland, Downtown Disney, or Buena Vista Street?
Neck gaiters, costume masks, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind will NOT be considered acceptable face coverings. Guests unable to comply with the Face Mask Policy will be asked to leave.
Disneyland Changes for Reopening
- Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings are temporarily suspended.
- Character Meet and Greets are temporarily unavailable
- Parades and Fireworks are temporarily suspended
What is New at Disneyland in 2021?
Check out everything new and upcoming on the What’s New at Disneyland website page to stay updated! You can also plan on seeing the newly re-imagined Snow White ride, now with a completely new name and ending experience. Check out the details on the Snow White Ride’s re-imagining. And the brand new Avenger’s Campus is opening this summer at California Adventure too. So there is plenty on the way!
What Rides are Open at Disneyland for Reopening?
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
What Restaurants Are Open for the Disneyland Reopening?
For the most part, Restaurants that offer outdoor seating will be open at Disneyland.
- River Bell Terrace
- Plaza Inn
- Lamplight Lounge
- Carthay Circle Lounge- Alfresco Dining
Can I book Dining Reservations at Disneyland?
Yes, On April 22 Dining Reservations for select locations and Savi’s Workshop reservations will be available.
Can I see Characters at Disneyland?
While traditional Disney Character Meet and Greets are temporarily paused, guests can see characters most likely as they are appearing at Walt Disney World. Through cavalcade, motorcades, flotillas, and impromptu distanced sightings. Promised by Disney that characters “ will appear in new ways and sometimes unexpected locations ” means you’ll be seeing them at some point.
What Is Not Open at Disneyland?
Select attractions, ( like Jungle Cruise ) experiences, hotels, and restaurants may not be open. Keep an eye on the Disneyland Website for up-to-date information.