Columbia, South Carolina - The South Carolina Spinal Cord Injury Association (SCSCIA) is hosting a Spinal Cord Injury Mental Health Symposium to teach the specifics and uniqueness in working with individuals with spinal cord injury and their caregivers. The symposium will be on Friday, March 31, 2023, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT, at the Cooperative Conference Center, 169 Laurelhurst Avenue, Columbia, SC 29210. The registration cost is $50 per person.
This program has 2 tiers - one for professionals working with individuals with spinal cord injury (SCI). The difference is the attendance time.
- Professionals -The attendance time is 8:30 a.m. The schedule for the day is below. Please register early, as lunch will be provided, and a head count is needed. There is a a limit of 25 professionals.
- Individuals with SCI and Caregivers -The attendance time is 11 a.m. The schedule for the day is below. There is a limit of 25 individuals with SCI and caregivers. Pease register early, as lunch will be provided, and a head count is needed.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.- Check-in for the professionals
- 9:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.- Presentations from the South Carolina Spinal Cord Injury Association and Neuropsychologist Dr. Laura Anthony
- 11:00 a.m.- Check-in for individuals with SCI and/or caregivers
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.- Networking activity
- 12:15 p.m.- 1 p.m.- Networking lunch
- 1:00 p.m.- 2 p.m.- Presentation from a mental health professional with SCI
- 2:00 p.m.- 3 p.m.- Presentation from community mental health
- 3:15 p.m.- 4:15 p.m.- SCI panel on mental health
- 4:30 p.m. - Closing remarks