Washington, District of Columbia - As part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, President Biden and Vice President Harris worked with Democrats, Republicans, and Independents to create the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible households $30 per month off their internet bills. ACP-eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
To deliver maximum cost savings to families, the Biden-Harris Administration has secured commitments from 20 leading internet providers to offer ACP-eligible households a high-speed internet plan for no more than $30 per month. Eligible families who pair their ACP benefit with one of these plans can receive high-speed internet at no cost.
There are three different ways to qualify for the ACP benefit. You are eligible if you meet any one of the three qualifications below:
- Your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see chart below)
- You or someone in your household participates in one of these other programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Federal Pell Grant (received in the current award year)
- Certain Tribal assistance programs, including Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- You meet the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program.
How To Sign Up for the Affordable Connectivity Program
- Step 1: Claim Your Affordable Connectivity Program Benefit.
- You can send in an application by mail:
- English Application // English Application Instructions
- Spanish Application // Spanish Application Instructions
- You can sign up through your existing internet service provider if it participates in the program. Participating companies may ask you to apply through their company’s own application process.
- Step 2: Contact a participating internet service provider to choose an internet plan.
- Once your application is approved, contact a participating internet service provider to choose a plan and apply your benefit to that plan.
- More information on how to apply can be found at https://acpbenefit.org/how-to-apply/ or by calling (877) 384-2575.