CENTRAL CITY, LA - On Saturday, June 12, 2021, the City of New Orleans Department of Public Works (DPW) contractor Barriere Construction Co., LLC., in close collaboration with the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans (SWBNO), performed waterline tie-ins and drainage work in Central City. This work took place on Saturday to accommodate the area's numerous schools and summer camps. Residents and businesses have previously been warned via a neighborhood canvas of the water service suspension.
This work is part of the $9.1 million Central City Group A infrastructure improvement project. The scope of work varies every block, but includes repaving from curb to curb, mending potholes, fixing sidewalks and driveway aprons, and creating Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at junctions and replacing/repairing damaged underground water, sewer and drainage lines. Project completion is expected in the fall of 2021. The DPW has completed 94 projects worth $260 million since May 2018. There are 65 construction projects worth $602 million underway today.
Through the RoadworkNOLA project, the DPW and SWBNO are working together to launch an unprecedented initiative to rehabilitate devastated infrastructure. Here’s what the public needs to know about RoadworkNOLA:
- More than $2.3 billion worth of DPW/SWBNO work across the City
- Nearly 200 individual projects — every neighborhood will feel this positive impact
- Project schedules coordinated to minimize construction-related impacts
- Economic opportunity for the City’s small and disadvantaged businesses
- Proactive communications so that residents are well informed throughout the program
Questions about this water and drainage work or RoadworkNOLA should be directed to 504.658.ROAD (7623) or email@example.com.