CANTON, OH - The City of Canton Community & Economic Development is looking for a Fair Housing Investigator. The salary range for this position is $17.67 - $26.03 Hourly. This is a full-time job and the vacancy will close on 8/1/2021 11:59pm Eastern. Applicants must be existing employees of the City of Canton and have completed their probationary period by August 8, 2021.
The main job description for this position is to screen, investigate, find a solution, and recommend the resolution of Fair Housing complaints. You'll report directly to the Fair Housing Manager.
Some examples of work for Fair Housing Investigator are to clarify and implement federal, state, and Local laws/ordinances concerning discrimination in housing. Receives questions and complaints from clients related to housing discrimination. Investigate reports of fair housing violations through gathering the facts and questioning witnesses and parties involved in the report. Reviewing valid report of allegations. Communicates with related parties to investigating the case and explain liabilities. Provides recommendations for management to prevent further incidents. Maintains witness and informant confidentiality when investigating a case.
The duties listed above are only illustrations of some of your works that may be performed during your duties, the exclusion of specific duties does not exclude it if the work is similar or related.
Required qualifications for this position are:
- Graduate from accredited four-year college or university with a major in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum three years working experience in a related field
- Possess knowledge regarding Fair Housing laws and the legal process.
- Experience in the related job is preferred.
- Knowledge of tenant/landlord issues and related laws
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Able to develop a plan for investigating a case.
- Able to organize records and files neatly.
- Able to operate a computer and understand database software.
There will be an examination process if you are qualified for this position. The examination will be an oral interview where the interviewer will measure communication skills, experience, and knowledge on fair housing laws.
For information regarding benefits and other questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (330) 438-4136.
If you are interested, apply through governmentjobs.com and submit a copy of a valid photo ID and other required documents.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.