CLEVELAND, OH — On their official website, Engage! Cleveland announced the dates of its annual event, Cleveland Young Professionals Week. The eighth annual event will be held for eight days starting on September 18 to September 25, 2021, which will be hosted by them. This series of events hopes to get Cleveland’s young professionals (YPs) to discover the community of the city, build networks with leaders and peers, and also experience what Cleveland has to offer.
Engage! Cleveland is a community engagement organization for young professionals and business or community leaders. Engage! Cleveland’s YP Week is one of the biggest annual occasions hosted by a non-profit community where the YPs can get professional development through learning and networking events every day of the week.
“We’re excited and proud to host the eighth annual Cleveland Young Professionals Week,” Engage! Cleveland’s President, Ashley Basile Oeken, said. “At Engage Cleveland, it is our goal to attract, engage and retain young, diverse talent in Cleveland. With YP Week, we are living our mission by introducing YPs to a wide range of activities, events, and networks that help them not only fall in love with the city but make it their lasting home,” she explained.
Some of the highlighted events include:
- Leaderships Lesson and Q&A Session with Joe Marinucci, Retired President of Downtown Cleveland Alliance; and Brian Broadbent, President and CEO of Business Volunteers Unlimited.
- Funny Bus Cleveland, a ninety-minute tour of the City of Cleveland, hosted by a comedian.
- Women in Leadership panel with Heather Lennox, Partner-in-charge at Jones Day; Valarie J. McCall, Chief of Government & International Affairs for the City of Cleveland; India Pierce-Lee, Program Director for Neighborhoods, Housing & Community Development at The Cleveland Foundation; and Ashley Weingart, Founder & CEO of Perfectly Imperfect Produce.
- Outdoor Yoga with Trilogy Cleveland at the Lakewood Park Solstice Steps.
- Behind the Scenes with the Cleveland Browns, a chance to get an inside view of FirstEnergy Stadium, where the Cleveland Browns reside.
Aside from that, jobseeking YPs also have the opportunity to attend the Young Professional Employer, Education & Civic Engagement Fair which will be held on September 22 at Tinkham Veale University Center, Case Western Reserve University’s campus.
Engage! Cleveland Employer Members can join the early registration on July 25. Public ticket sales will begin on August 1 at 8:00 a.m.
To learn more about the events, visit the calendar here: https://engagecleveland.org/youngprofessionalsweek
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.