Divisadero Street has many great restaurants, bars, and sights that I have come to love and continue to support! The creation of this list stemmed from thinking about where some of my best memories on Divisadero Street were! In my "San Francisco's happy hour spots" post, I raved a Beretta, which is a restaurant on Divisadero as well. Even though I do not list it here, it is a spot that I absolutely love. In no particular order, here are some of the my favorite spots on Divisadero Street! This will hopefully inspire you to venture to a new spot!
- The Mill: This is a Divisadero coffee shop that also prides itself on fresh bread made daily. Their famous bread is called "country bread"! I recommend all the toasts: cinnamon sugar, avocado mash, almond butter! This is a great place to come sit for a while. I've taken my laptop here to work for hours on end. They provide free wifi and a bathroom, all you have to do is be a paying customer. My favorite drinks here are the mocha and the hot chocolate!
- 4505 Burgers: This is a notable bbq joint that serves up amazing local smokehouse flavors. I have been coming here for a few years and each time I come I am always a fan! They have a great open-air patio that sits right on the active Divisadero street! If you have never been here, I recommend ordering the smoked meat plate so you can try a few different types of their signature meats! My meat recommendations are pulled pork shoulder, smoked chicken, and beef brisket. They also have delicious sides worth trying, such as the mac and cheese and french fries!
- Che Fico: This spot a newer addition to the Divisadero restaurant family, and has made a presence ever since! The restaurant is on an upper level of the building, and once you're inside the aesthetic is one-of-a-kind! This is a spot that you have to reserve over a month in advance to get a table. They are only open for weekday dinners and weekend brunch. The food is Italian cuisine and features pizza, pasta, salad, and desserts. The lasagna bolognese, the steak, and the half chicken are all recommended items at this restaurant!
- Brenda's Meat & Three: This Divisadero brunch spot is highly popular amongst the public. They serve all food with a Southern twist and have a strong concept for their approach. "Meat & Three" refers to guests, while dining, picking one meat and three side dishes off the menu. The dishes rotate regularly, and the crowd-favorites are staples! A few of the noteworthy items are beignets, gumbo, and pulled pork hash. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and supper.
- Kung Food: This Chinese food restaurant is tucked away on the corner of Divisadero and Mcallister street. It features traditional Chinese food in a cozy dining setting. The food items I love here were general tsao's chicken, pork dumplings, fried wontons, chicken chow mein.
- Madrone's Art Bar: This Divisadero bar is known for its funky and eccentric artworks! When you walk in, you are immersed in a series of historical art pieces, vinyls, signed posters, and more. The bar has a noteworthy Monday night tradition called "Madrone Mondays" which entails crafty drink specials and music genres that fit the mood at the moment!
- Emporium SF: This is a Divisadero arcade bar and venue. This place is huge-- 3 levels deep and something different on each tier of the venue. They house every arcade game you could imagine, they have multiple 80 inch TVs, and a full bar. This place is fun for a date night, watching the big game, or celebrating a birthday. The coolest part about this spot for me is that patrons are allowed to bring their own food into the space!
- Horsefeather: One of the cutest bars on Divisadero street and in all of San Francisco! Filled to the brim with plants large and small, along with hand-crafted artwork throughout, this space gives off a welcoming and inclusive vibe. The chicken katsu sando, pulled pork tacos, and the fried chicken are all favorites for me. As for drinks, the lowrider is amazing!
I hope you enjoyed my post and found it helpful! Please comment any thoughts and questions below, and share with your friends and family!