Happy September, contributors! In addition to our Hispanic Heritage Month content campaign launching later this week, this month we're holding four additional content contests. Here's how it works: you'll post a story related to these "mini-content campaigns" on or before the deadline, making sure to include the correct tag before publishing your article. Our NewsBreak editorial team will then vote on which stories win (one story will be selected for each contest), and each winner will be awarded $50.
The September contest contests are as follows:
- Rosh Hashanah, Sept. 15: To have your story considered, publish on or before Sept. 15 with the tag Rosh Hashanah.
- Mexican Independence Day, Sept. 16: To have your story considered, publish on or before Sept. 16 with the tag Mexican Independence Day.
- National Black Women's Equal Pay Day, Sept. 21: To have your story considered, publish on or before Sept. 21 with the tag BWEPD.
- American Business Women's Day, Sept. 22: To have your story considered, publish on or before Sept. 22 with the tag ABWD.
Reminder: We are looking for local stories, so please feel free to publish content that connects these September observances with related events or leaders in your own community.
Content campaign requirements***:
- You must be an approved NewsBreak Contributor (you can sign up to be a contributor if you aren’t one already)
- You must publish a U.S. local story (city or county) on NewsBreak related to the topics outlined above (irrelevant content will be disqualified)
- Each eligible post must include the relevant tags outlined above. (Content published without this tag will not be eligible for selection.)
- You can enter multiple content campaigns at the same time – but you can’t submit the same post for consideration in multiple campaigns.
- All stories must be published on or before the day of the observances.
- Content must follow our Community Standards, Requirements and Editorial Standards & Guidelines
*Prizes will be paid as a bonus through your portal or through a gift card depending on eligibility
**You cannot win in more than one category