Alongside the beginning of Pride, NewsBreak is launching a content campaign aimed at amplifying local LGBTQ+ stories across the country.
In 1969, New York City police raided the Stonewall Inn, leading to a series of protests known as the Stonewall Uprising. A year later, the first Pride marches were held to mark the anniversary of what was a major catalyst for the LGBTQ+ rights movement globally.
While the fight for equal rights didn’t begin at Stonewall, that pivotal event’s influence has since expanded far beyond Greenwich Village, where the gay bar still stands.
For our Pride content campaign, NewsBreak invites contributors to share stories throughout the month of June about how their neighborhoods are commemorating LGBTQ+ communities, whether that be by hosting local events, like parades, or highlighting local LGBTQ+-owned businesses. We also encourage stories about leaders, community members, or organizations whose work elevates local LGBTQ+ residents.
NewsBreak will award
🏆 1 Editor’s Pick 🏆 $100
One story will be awarded the Editor’s Pick. This will be decided by the NewsBreak Editorial Team and awarded to content that best captures the meaning of the campaign and provides quality content to the audience.
🎗 3 Top Stories 🎗 $100
Three creators whose stories were viewed by the most people in that creator’s local area will be awarded the Top Story prize.
Here’s how to participate:
- Create local content related to LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- Tag Pride Month
- Publish your story
- Repeat these steps to share more content and increase your chances of winning
Content campaign requirements***:
- You must be an approved NewsBreak Contributor (you can sign up to be a contributor if you aren’t one already)
- You must publish a U.S. local story (city or county) on NewsBreak related to Pride Month (irrelevant content will be disqualified)
- Each eligible post must include the tag Pride Month. (Content published without this tag will not be eligible for selection.)
- You can enter multiple content campaigns at the same time – but you can’t submit the same post for consideration in multiple campaigns.
- All stories must be published on or before Friday, June 30.
- Content must follow our Community Standards, Requirements and Editorial Standards & Guidelines
*Prizes will be paid as a bonus through your portal or through a gift card depending on eligibility
**You cannot win in more than one category