May is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, an annual celebration that recognizes the historical and cultural contributions of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States. The AAPI umbrella term encompasses cultures from the entire Asian continent, including East, Southeast, and South Asia, and the Pacific Islands of Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia, according to The Library of Congress.
To commemorate the month, we’re asking NewsBreak contributors to share stories about the history, achievements, and influence of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in their local communities.
We’ll be awarding
🏆 1 Editor’s Pick 🏆 $100
One story will be awarded the Editor’s Pick. This will be decided by the NewsBreak Editorial Team and awarded to content that best captures the meaning of the campaign and provides quality content to the audience.
🎗 2 Top Stories 🎗 $100
Two creators whose stories were viewed by the most people in that creator’s local area will be awarded the Top Story prize.
Here’s how to participate:
- Create local content related to AAPI Heritage Month
- Tag AAPI Voices
- Publish your story
- Repeat these steps to share more content and increase your chances of winning
Content campaign requirements***:
- You must be an approved NewsBreak Contributor (you can sign up to be a contributor if you aren’t one already)
- You must publish a U.S. local story (city or county) on NewsBreak related to AAPI Heritage Month (irrelevant content will be disqualified)
- Each eligible post must include the tag AAPI Voices. (Content published without this tag will not be eligible for selection.)
- You can enter multiple content campaigns at the same time – but you can’t submit the same post for consideration in multiple campaigns.
- All stories must be published on or before Tuesday, June 1.
- Content must follow our Community Standards, Requirements and Editorial Standards & Guidelines
*Prizes will be paid as a bonus through your portal or through a gift card depending on eligibility
**You cannot win in more than one category