In honor of Mother’s Day, NewsBreak is launching a content campaign to celebrate the maternal figures in local communities across the country. Is there someone in your area who’s making an outsized difference in taking care of your community? We want to hear about it.
Just as the definition of motherhood is broad and nuanced, we’re asking for stories that break the mold when it comes to honoring maternal figures. Some ideas include:
- Stories about women leaders in your area
- Stories about women-owned businesses
- Local legislation or initiatives that involve parenthood
- Profiles on women who take care of something and aid in its growth, whether that be a local program, children, pets, etc.
- Coverage on local Mother’s Day events or places to take the important women in your lives
We’ll be awarding
🏆 1 Editor’s Pick 🏆 $100
One story will be awarded the Editor’s Pick. This will be decided by the NewsBreak Editorial Team and awarded to content that best captures the meaning of the campaign and provides quality content to the audience.
🎗 2 Top Stories 🎗 $100
Two creators whose stories were viewed by the most people in that creator’s local area will be awarded the Top Story prize.
Here’s how to participate:
- Create local content related to Mother's Day
- Tag Mothers Day
- Publish your story
- Repeat these steps to share more content and increase your chances of winning
Content campaign requirements***:
- You must be an approved NewsBreak Contributor (you can sign up to be a contributor if you aren’t one already)
- You must publish a U.S. local story (city or county) on NewsBreak related to Earth Day (irrelevant content will be disqualified)
- Each eligible post must include the tag Mothers Day. (Content published without this tag will not be eligible for selection.)
- You can enter multiple content campaigns at the same time – but you can’t submit the same post for consideration in multiple campaigns.
- All stories must be published on or before Monday, May 15.
- Content must follow our Community Standards, Requirements and Editorial Standards & Guidelines
*Prizes will be paid as a bonus through your portal or through a gift card depending on eligibility
**You cannot win in more than one category