Local Love, a Valentine’s Day-inspired content contest
At NewsBreak, we love local! For our Valentine’s Day content contest, we’re celebrating with local love stories. We aren’t looking for love letters, but stories that celebrate or highlight something local that others can love or learn from. We want to hear all your creative, local and love-inspired stories this Valentine’s Day.
To enter, publish an original article or video that shares something local that you love this Valentine’s Day. Some examples of a Local Love story include:
- Highlighting a local store in your town that has a special place in your heart
- Showing us a unique, local experience people can enjoy for Valentine’s Day
- Sharing a love story with local roots
Content contest requirements*:
- You must be an approved NewsBreak Contributor (you can sign up to be a contributor if you aren’t one already)
- You must publish a U.S. local story on NewsBreak
- Each eligible post must include the tag Local Love. (Content published without the tag will not be eligible for selection.)
- Content must be original and must be published first on NewsBreak (only on NewsBreak is always best!)
- Simply republishing content that you’ve previously posted to NewsBreak will result in disqualification
- All stories must be published to NewsBreak by 10 a.m. PT Monday, February 14
- Content must follow our Content Policy, Requirements and Editorial Standards & Guidelines
Winners will be announced by February 16, 2022. Winners will receive gift cards** that can be used at local businesses or a local experience. The selection and prizes will be:
- 2 Editor’s pick for best story: The NewsBreak editorial team will select the winner for best article and best video based on quality, context, creativity, local relevance and other criteria. Each winner will receive $200** gift card to support local businesses.
- 3 Finalists: Three additional stories (article or video) will be selected by the editorial team as story finalists. The winners will receive $100** gift card each to support local businesses.
- 1 Most shared winner: The most shared story (article or video) will receive $50** to support local businesses.
Each selected story will be promoted on our platform to your local audience and to all our followers through our social media accounts. Contributors are also welcome to enter more than once (with different stories, of course, you may not post the same story twice or republish stories you have already published).
**Prizes will be paid through a Visa gift card. While we cannot limit your use of your gift card, we expect you to honor your use of the card to purchases at small businesses.