We all love Banana bread! But how about for a change with pear? Have you ever tasted Pear-Banana Bread before? Beautiful combination -super soft and pear really boosts the flavor. This moist and tender loaf of banana pear bread has hints of these two classic fruits, making for a delicious breakfast or snack! Last Fall we had so many pears from our tree. So I was making this often and my family always enjoyed my pear-banana bread. During the busy morning weekdays, there is no need to rush to make breakfast, I just make a pot of ginger tea and we have this bread. It stores well in the refrigerator for a week and freezes for up to 3 months. I bet you’ll love it! If you don’t have fresh pears handy, just use canned! But personally, I’m not a big fan of canned food.
Prep Time Bake Time Total Time
15 min 55-60 min 1:15 (approximately)
Note: I recommend 9x4 -inch loaf pan for this recipe
- Organic all purpose flour 1½ cups
- Pink Himalayan salt 1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp.
- Baking soda 1 tsp.
- Organic eggs 2
- Organic unbleached sugar ½ cup
- Organic extra virgin olive oils ½ cup or butter ½ cup
- Organic sour cream ½ cup
- Organic shredded pear 1 cup
- Organic mash banana 1
- Nuts (optional)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Sieve together 1½ cups of all purpose flour,1 tsp. ground cinnamon,1 tsp. baking soda,1 tsp.
3. In the 2nd bowl, blend them together with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil.
4. Add flour gradually and mix them well.
5. Into that add ½ cup of sour cream and continuously mix them.
6. Grate1 cup of pear and add into the batter. These are fresh homegrown organic pears.
7. Take one banana & roughly mash it with a fork and add it into the batter too.
8. Let all the ingredients get well incorporated.
9. Spray 9x4 -inch loaf pan, put the parchment paper & pour the batter in.
10. Add nuts if you want.
11. Put it in a 350°F Preheated oven bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clear.
12. Take it out from the oven and leave it on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
13.Then remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.
Perfect for breakfast or tea time snack!
This recipe is also available on NewsBreak Video. My video channel is named Sofia’s Passion for Cooking. Please follow me on both for more tasty & easy recipes. Thanks!