My 7 Keys to Becoming Happier
Why Happiness Is Never Perfect | My 7 Keys to Becoming Happier | June 24th, 2021
- Happiness is hard work, especially on the front end. Happiness takes living out your values daily, not just reaching your one to five-year outcome goals.
- If you don’t work hard at being happy, you will not be happy (like omg)! How hard I work to respond to the negative and positive stimuli, stress, or events happening on my path will dictate my future happiness.
- This happens in the present. Like now. If you want to feel more alive, focus on the now. The hard work I put into my micro-interactions, moments, habits, routines, and practices will win me more joy, peace, presence, and happiness.
- Screw perfection as an outcome. The perfect partnership. The perfect dog. The perfect kids. The beauty of life is the imperfection and humor with whom you share the same values.
- Perfection isn’t actually real. Just get lost in the act of doing your best with the people, partners, businesses, and friends that share similar values. Plan your best week, your best day, take your perfect shot, but remember this is a journey, not a destination.
- I’m scraping away the layers society has conditioned into me — that I must have a certain type of partner, that I must be rich, that I must have fancy, luxurious things, that I must… must… must… if I am to be attached to some conditioned response of perfection that society created for me, I will always be living unauthentically.
- Underneath peer pressure and our trauma or experiences, we can choose to explore where our authentic happiness, joy, content, love, and presence live inside us. Focus on living (or finding) values that make you happier, that should be the goal
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.