7 Life-Changing Inspirational Quotes
Let's take a look at these seven life-changing inspirational quotes.
But before we do, let's all agree on some basic math. There are seven days a week. 24 hours a day. We all have the same 168 hours to work with weekly. 168 hours isn't a lot of time, but what we do with that 168 hours will be the difference between a good life, or a fulfilled life, or changing a mediocre one.
What life-changing habits can we start practicing to live an inspiring life?
1. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” — Dolly Parton
Dolly was right. Do it on purpose. Wake up with purpose. Train with purpose. Live with purpose. Become what you intend to become by choosing to do the necessary small steps daily to become it. Everyone has the same 168 hours a week.
2. “We are in the habit of imagining our lives to be linear, a long march from birth to death in which we mass our powers, only to surrender them again, all the while slowly losing our youthful beauty. This is a brutal untruth. Life meanders like a path through the woods. We have seasons when we flourish and seasons when the leaves fall from us, revealing our bare bones. Given time, they grow again.” — Katherine May
Katherine makes a good point. Our lives aren't linear. Our passions, our loves, our people, our friendships, our travel, our learning; it's an ebb and flow, like the tide, the sky, the constant movement and change that happens in and outside of us is the same that happens inside us. Find this natural flow and understand life isn't always linear.
3. “The teacher learns more than the student. The author learns more than the reader. The speaker learns more than the attendee. The way to learn is by doing.” — James Clear
Do it. Just do it. Anytime you fear not doing it because of embarrassment or failure, do it because you risk not learning.
4. “How can I create change towards my most meaningful goals with the smallest possible step today?” — Mr. Mullet
Creating change in yourself is hard, usually because we want to climb Mt. Everest in a day before we even take a step. Treat every day as a training day for your Everest. Are you getting yourself to do and be better than you were yesterday? Are you moving in the right direction? Are you recovering smart? Are you saving? Are you working together?
5. When nothing is going right, turn left.” — Anonymous
This is great advice. When things keep going badly or don't feel right for too long, it's okay to mix it up. It's okay to take a break. To go on a trip. To get off the grid. To keep your sanity, one must turn left from time to time.
6. “We must do our work for its own sake, not for fortune or attention or applause.” — Stephen Pressfield
Intrinstrinsic motivation is the best motivation because it burns from the inside out. What can cause this burning? This required energy to do something above all costs? Only you know. I always wanted to be a pro athlete and that burning got even bigger when they told me I couldn't.
7. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” JK Rowling
I always think the world owes me something, but it doesn't. The world is just living and breathing and spinning. It doesn't owe you or me anything. We owe the world. We owe finding our talents, our passions, and our purposes and giving back to the very thing that created us.
This is how an inspiring life is won and it is something that can never be taken away from you.