Mendham Township Recreation hosts the event that lets youngsters bike, run, and swim their way to fun and fitness.
Mendham Township, NJ – Young athletes, ready your bikes and put on your running shoes! This Sunday, September 17, Mendham Township Recreation is bringing back their Annual Kids Triathlon at Brookside Beach. With various age groups accommodated, it promises to be a morning full of excitement and activity.
- Who: Children aged 3 to 12 and their families, particularly residents in and around Mendham Township.
- What: The Annual Kids Triathlon, an event that features biking, running, and swimming challenges tailored for different age groups.
- When: The event takes place on Sunday, September 17, with races starting from 10:30 AM depending on age groups.
- Where: The race kicks off at Mendham Township Hall for the biking portion, moves to Mendham Township Elementary School for the running lap, and culminates with a swim at Brookside Beach.
- Why: The triathlon aims to promote physical fitness and healthy lifestyle habits among young children in a fun, competitive setting.
- How: Participants will be categorized by age, with races beginning at different times:
- Ages 3-5 will start at 10:30 AM ("Parent and Me" event)
- Ages 5-8 will start at 10:35 AM
- Ages 9-12 will start at 10:40 AM
Parking is available at Mendham Township Hall, and race day activities begin there with biking to the Mendham Township Elementary School. Once at the school, participants will complete a running lap on the field behind the elementary school. The final leg is a swimming lap in Brookside Beach, with the number of laps varying by age group.
All participating children will receive a medal and complimentary ice cream as a reward for their efforts. Registration for the event is $15.00 per child and can be completed on the Mendham Township Community Pass website.
For residents interested in signing up their kids or who may have questions about the event, David Guida at Mendham Township Recreation can be contacted at email@example.com.
Come out to cheer on the budding athletes and participate in a community event that promotes physical fitness and family fun!