NJ Transit Offers ‘Early Getaway’ Service for Memorial Day Weekend - Transit to Six Flags Great Adventure, Hurricane Harbor, and Monmouth Park Racetrack!
NJ Transit is kicking off Memorial Day weekend with an “early getaway” rail and bus service on Friday, May 27 to help customers traveling for the long holiday weekend.
Memorial Day weekend is a great time to take advantage of NJ Transit’s travel options to destinations like Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor and Monmouth Park.
Friday, May 27:
- From approximately 1 p.m. until 6 p.m., extra outbound trains will operate; Newark Airport stops will be added to select trains, and certain connections at Secaucus will be adjusted. Visit njtransit.com or see rail timetables for details.
- Extra buses will operate from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on more than two dozen bus routes starting around noon. Visit njtransit.com for details.
Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29:
Rail: service will run on a regular weekend schedule.
Bus: service will run on a regular weekend schedule.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule, respectively.
- Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule, respectively.
- River LINE will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule, respectively.
Memorial Day, Monday, May 30:
Rail: Trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all lines.
Bus: Most bus routes will operate on a Saturday or Sunday schedule. Customers are advised to check their timetables or visit njtransit.com for schedule information.
NOTE: buses may be subject to detours and service delays for Memorial Day parades through various towns. See njtransit.com for details.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
- Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday/holiday schedule.
- River LINE will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
NJ TRANSIT Summer Spectacular!
Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor: Beginning May 28 through September 5, NJ TRANSIT bus customers can use the No. 308 express bus for travel to and from the park (and again for Fright Fest). The No. 308 bus operates between the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and Six Flags, with an intermediate stop at Newark Penn Station. For details, visit njtransit.com/sixflags.
Monmouth Park: NJ TRANSIT is off to the races at Monmouth Park Racetrack this season with a great discount package! NJ TRANSIT customers can take North Jersey Coast Line trains to Monmouth Park Station when the track is open for live racing, (May 7) through September 18, 2022.
Tickets are valid:
- Fridays: June 3 through September 2
- Saturdays: May 7 through September 17
- Sundays: May 8 through September 18
- All Mondays in August: August 1 through 29
- Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day
NJ TRANSIT’s Monmouth Park Package includes round-trip transportation, general admission, and an official racing program, and costs only the price of the round-trip fare plus $3.50, a total savings of $6.50 off the face value if purchased separately. The Monmouth Park package is available only at TVMs and ticket office windows. You can find more information at njtransit.com/monmouthpark.
And you don’t have to live or work along NJ TRANSIT’s North Jersey Coast Line to take the train to Monmouth Park! With easy connections from most rail lines to the North Jersey Coast Line, you may even cross the finish line before the jockeys do. For complete schedule and fare information click here.
Don’t forget about all that Monmouth Park has to offer!
All your favorite events and festivals have returned including Family Fun Day every Sunday, 12 - 4 pm from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, plus select other event days with bounce houses, pony rides, face painters, and more!
Plus, coolers are allowed in the picnic area. Enjoy great on-site dining at Blu Grotto Ristorante and the Beer Garden at Blu Grotto. Dine trackside at a number of different indoor and outdoor locations. The Caesars Sportsbook at Monmouth Park is open seven days a week.
- Saturday, May 7: Opening Day: The Shore’s Biggest Kentucky Derby Party
- Sunday, May 8: Mother’s Day: Take Mom to the Track
- Saturday, May 28 - Monday, May 30: Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival
- Sunday, June 5: Irish Festival
- Saturday, June 11: Cooler Giveaway
- Sunday, June 19: Father’s Day at the Track
- Saturday, June 25 & Sunday, June 26: Wine & Pizza Festival
- Sunday, July 10: Car Show & Oldies Day
- Saturday, July 16: Ladies’ Day
- Saturday, July 23: Haskell Day
- Saturday, July 30 & Sunday, July 31: Italian Festival & Wine Tasting
- Saturday, August 6: Around the World: An International Food Festival
- Saturday, August 13 & Sunday, August 14: Surf & Turf Seafood Festival
- Saturday, August 20: Live & Local Music Festival
- Sunday, August 28: NJ Thoroughbred Festival & Giveaway
- Saturday, September 3 - Monday, September 5: BBQ & Craft Beer Festival
- Saturday, September 10: Food Trucktemberfest
For Monmouth Park information, call 732-222-5100 or visit Monmouth Park’s website at monmouthpark.com.
- Check Schedules in Advance: Plan your trip online or with the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to take advantage of extra trains and buses.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the long holiday weekend may affect bus travel times, especially on routes using the Garden State Parkway heading to shore points. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed your return. Use the NJ TRANSIT mobile app, ticket vending machines, or see a ticket agent, if available, to avoid possible surcharges. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Passengers with luggage or packages should use the overhead racks or designated luggage spaces. On multilevel trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus, or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information
@NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)