Something other than COVID-19 to think about this holiday season.
Tired of hearing bad news every time you turn on the TV, look at your phone, or open up your laptop? As the holiday season comes and goes, renew your faith in humanity by donating to or volunteering for one of Morristown's charitable organizations.
Toys for Tots
In 2020 Toys for Tots distributed 71,146 toys and supported 45,728 children in our Northern Jersey area.
It’s too late to donate to the non-profit for this Christmas (obviously), but the Toys for Tots campaign is always looking for donations and volunteers.
Get Involved with Toys for Tots in the Morris County area!
Operation holiday helps low-income and underserved individuals celebrate Christmas by providing gifts for the holiday season. Operation Holiday is controlled by POWER, a 501©(3) non-profit organization that focuses on health, education, food insecurity, housing and homelessness, aiding the elderly, and social justice reform.
“Adopt” individuals, families, at-risk seniors, and help the homeless through Operation Power this 2021 holiday season.
Donate to Operation Holiday to help those less fortunate celebrate this holiday season.
POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
403 Welsh Place, Morris Plains, NJ 07950-2954
IRS CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION: 83-1855848
Community Hope helps individuals, families, and veterans overcome mental illness, addiction, homelessness, and poverty by providing housing and support services.
The organization has a number of community programs including the Transitional Housing Program, Community Support Services Program, Affordable Special Needs Housing Program, and The Family Partnership.
Community Hope also has Veteran programs that address the underlying cause of veterans’ homelessness such as high rates of mental illness, trauma, and substance abuse.
959 Route 46 East, Suite 402, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone (973) 463-9600
Literacy Volunteer of Morris County
A great way to spend your time volunteering. Literacy Volunteers of Morris County provides free instruction to adults who are unable or struggle to read, write or speak English.
The group's mission is to ensure no one in Morris County is limited due to their inability to read, write, or speak English fluently.
Jersey Battered Women’s Shelter (JBWS)
JBWS is a nonprofit that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who lives or works in Morris County and faces abuse by their partner.
Their mission is to prevent domestic violence through the protection and empowerment of victims, rehabilitation of family members, and advocacy for social reform to prevent domestic abuse, and the education of the public about domestic violence.
For a complete list of non-profits aiding the Morris County community:
- 4-H of Morris County
- All Veterans Memorial
- American Cancer Society
- American Legion of Morris County
- American Red Cross New Jersey Region
- Atlantic Health System
- CASA of Morris and Sussex Counties
- Chamber of Commerce
- Child & Family Resources
- Chilton Memorial Hospital
- Community Hope
- Cornerstone Family Programs
- CURA, Inc.
- DAWN Center for Independent Living
- Dress for Success Northern NJ
- Emmanuel Cancer Foundation
- Employment Horizons
- Family Promise of Morris County
- First Call for Help
- First Night Morris
- Focus America
- Great Swamp Watershed Association
- Greater Morristown YMCA
- Homeless Solutions
- Hope House
- Housing Partnership
- Interfaith Food Pantry
- Interfaith Furnishings
- Jersey Battered Women’s Service
- Jersey Fresh
- Kiwanis Club of Mount Olive
- League of Women Voters
- Legal Services of Northwest Jersey
- Literacy Volunteers of Morris County
- Market Street Mission
- Mendham Hills Chapel
- Morris County Economic Development Corporation
- Morris County Organization for Hispanic Affairs
- Morris County Safe Communities
- Morris County Tourism Bureau
- Morris Family Justice Center
- Morris Habitat for Humanity
- Morris Rugby Football Corporation
- Morristown Neighborhood House
- Morristown Partnership
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- NewBridge Services
- NJ Judiciary Foreclosure Mediation Program
- NJ AIDS Services
- Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce
- Picatinny Federal Credit Union
- Platinum Minds
- The Rose House
- SAGE Eldercare
- Self Help Group Clearinghouse
- Special Olympics, New Jersey Area 3
- St. Clares Health Services
- The Seeing Eye
- TransOptions (formerly McRIDES)
- Turn the Towns Teal
- UNICO Foundation of Montville
- United Way of America Home Page
- United Way of Northern New Jersey
- Women’s Center for Entrepreneurship
- Visiting Nurse Service of Northern New Jersey
- Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey (formerly NJ Foundation for the Blind)
- Zufall Health Center