NEW CANEY, TX – With 9 different candidates running for a place on the East Montgomery County Improvement District Board of Directors, Studio One Three Media/Hank’s Think Tank is hosting a candidate forum for the public to hear from the candidates.
The forum will be hosted on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the EMC Senior Center on 21679 McCleskey Rd., New Caney.
EMC Fire Chief Howard Rinewalt and Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace Jason Dunn will serve as moderators for the event, with Precinct 4 Commissioner-elect Matt Gray as a guest speaker.
The candidates are:
- Crystal Moore (EMCID Candidate Crystal Moore (EP114) - YouTube)
- David Miller (EMCID Candidate, David Miller (EP117) - YouTube)
- Paul Twombly Batchelder Jr.
- Stephen Carlisle
- Gisela Villarreal (EMCID Candidate, Gisela Villareal (EP116) - YouTube)
- Martin Zepeda (EMCID Candidate Martin Zepeda (EP115) - YouTube)
- Liz Mullane (EMCID Candidate Liz Mullane (EP120) - YouTube)
- Willie D. Kendrick Jr.
- Leonard W. Rogers
Attendees will be able to submit questions for moderators to ask of the candidates. This event is free and open to the public. The election for these candidates is set for May 7, 2022. Make sure you are registered to vote by going to elections.mctx.org and going to the "Voter Registration Look-up" page. There, you can determine your status, voting box, and print out a sample ballot to view before voting day. Early voting is set to begin on Monday, April 25 and will continue through May 3rd.