By: Jessica Shorten
With the window to file for a place on the November 2, 2021 ballot officially closed, here are the candidates who will be on your ballot this November.
New Caney ISD
All three positions up for election this year are being challenged.
- Board Position 3 – Wendy Rae Allen Sharp (incumbent), Oscar Ramirez Jr.
- Board Position 4 – Ricky Warwick (incumbent), Angela Hoffart Tompkins
- Board Position 5 – Chad Turner (incumbent), Dennis Alters
- Mayor – Scott Anderson (unopposed)
- Council Position 1 – David Young (incumbent), Gary Longmire
- Council Position 5 – William C. Reeves (incumbent), Stephanie Alcaraz
Splendora City Council
- Mayor – Dorothy Welch (unopposed)
- Council Position 1 – Willie Ramey (incumbent), Alton DuLaney
- Council Position 2 – Evelyn Myers (unopposed)
None of the two positions up for election this year at Splendora ISD were challenged. Meaning incumbents Jason Sessum and Allen Wells will retain their seats for another term and will not be on the ballot this year.
- Board Position 4 – Jason Sessum (incumbent)
- Board Position 5 – Allen Wells (incumbent)
The City of Roman Forest was put in a unique situation this year. While no one signed up to run against an incumbent for City Council, the position 2 Councilwoman Jill Carlson also did not intend to run for another term, leaving her position unfilled and open. According to the city, Carlson has agreed to stay in the seat until a new councilmember can be appointed by City Council to fill the seat. However, there will be no items on the ballot this year for Roman Forest.
- Mayor – Chris Parr
- Council Position 2 – Open
- Council Position 4 – Greg Partin
- Council Position 5 – James Brooks
- Mayor - Mike Tyson (unopposed)
- Council Position 1 - Scottie Pouncey (Unopposed)
- Council Position 3 - Nancy Mulhern (incumbent), Mark Kroll
- Council Position 4 - Annette Dobson (Unopposed)
- Council Position 5 - Carey Porter (incumbent), Julie Lobue
The Woodlands Township
Only one Director on the Woodlands Township Board is being challenged during this election by two opponents. However, a much bigger issue awaits Woodlands residents on the ballot this year. In a 5-2 vote, the Board of Directors voted to place the issue of incorporation on the ballot for voters to decide. The issue will be split into two propositions, one which authorizes the incorporation and tax rate for The Woodlands, and one which creates and authorizes the employees and council.
- Director Position 5 – Shelley Sekula-Gibbs (unopposed)
- Director Position 6 – Ann Snyder (unopposed)
- Director Position 7 – Zipporah Bonita Singleton, Bob Milner (incumbent), Louis Granados
Also on the ballot this year are eight constitutional amendments, which voters will be able to decide as well.
Make sure you are registered to vote for this year’s election by signing up by October 4, 2021. Early voting will begin October 18th.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.