Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
Here’s a cute Christmas cookie that is perfect to bring to holiday get-togethers or put on your Christmas cookie platter. Kids especially love these fun Nutter Butter Santa cookies–both making and eating them–and since they start with packaged Nutter Butter cookies, they’re simple to make too!
These cookies have homemade icing, but feel free to substitute store-bought icing if you’d like.
Easy Nutter Butter Santa Cookies
Just follow along with the photos above to make your Nutter Butter Santa cookies.
Santa’s beard are mustache are made with melted white chocolate. Use red gel food coloring for his hat and nose. You can use the black gel food coloring to add eyes. Then add a little dollop of white chocolate for the ball at the top of Santa’s hat.
Nutter Butter Santa Cookies
Nutter Butter Santa Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 package of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Wafers
- Royal Icing
Royal Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Red & black gel food coloring
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate wafers.
- Dip the bottom half of each Nutter Butter cookies into the melted white chocolate.
- Remove the cookie from the melted chocolate by using a fork .
- Lay the white chocolate covered cookie on the wax paper to dry.
- Refer to the photo examples.
- Allow to dry completely.
Royal Icing Directions:
- Separate the egg yolk from the whites. putting only the egg whites into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, cream of tarter, and vanilla with the egg whites.
- Beating on medium for 6 minutes.
- If the icing has the appearance of soup or is yellow in color add more powdered sugar, 1 cup.
- Put the icing in a bowl.
- Take out 2 TBSP of icing, and add some drops of black gel food coloring. Stir well to mix well.
- Scoop all of the black icing into a piping bag with #2 tip.
- Spoon out another 3 TBSP of icing, keeping this icing white.
- Spoon the white icing into another piping bag with a #2 tip.
- Add red gel food coloring to the remaining icing stirring to mix well. Spoon the red icing into a third piping bag with a #2 tip.
- With the red icing outline the top of the Nutter Butter for the Santa hat then fill it in with the remaining red icing. Allow to dry for about 30 seconds. Then add a red dot as shown in the picture for the mouth.
- Using the white icing, add a snowball to the top of the Santa hat and a brim across the lower part of the hat.
- Add a white icing mustache just below the the red dot mouth. Give it 30 seconds before adding the black eyes.
- Using the black icing, make two black dots for the eyes.
- Allow the chocolate and icing to completely dry.
If you like these Nutter Butter Santa cookies, try these easy-to-make, no-bake cookies too —