A friend of mine recently turned vegan and she’s been insisting on baking together since she and I have both been brownie lovers ever since we grew up together! This recipe is hands down the best recipe I have tried, and honestly I didn’t even realize that these were vegan!
• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 2 cups white sugar
• ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Step 1 : Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
• Step 2 : In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
• Step 3 : Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.