Scary Dog Dad Moment - Moose Chokes!
Well this was a scary moment as a Dog Dad, but I hope by sharing this it helps educate all pet owners & helps us to be prepared. - Moose eats pretty fast, so I give him a slow feeder bowl, but he was sneaking food from Milo’s bowl while my back was turned (kids right?) I watched the video over & over and when I take the bowl from him he doesn’t even try to grab more food so not sure what happened, but regardless, he started choking. - 5/9/2020, Milo choked on a bone & I had to give him the Heimlich, which I only knew because I was anxious about it ever happening so I saved it to my phone. - I’m thankful my boys are okay & we’ve been saved twice now from knowing this procedure. Google dog Heimlich & save the image to your phone & check out our YouTube video to see us demonstrate it. Really hope you never have to use it!
Cleveland, Ohio Noah | Dog Dad Milo | Emotional Support Animal Moose | Special Needs Rescue