According to the Food and Drug Administration, the Royal Ice Cream Company of Manchester recalls all ice cream products due to potential listeria contamination.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a recall order for all goods manufactured at the Manchester facility because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. This organism can cause severe and quite often deadly infections in young children and older adults and those with weakened immune systems.
Where is the product distributed?
The contaminated ice cream was distributed in Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Texas retail shops. The products are packaged in pints, half gallons, sandwiches, portion control slices.
About the affected brands
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), these are affected brands were manufactured at the Royal Ice Cream Company, Inc in Manchester, CT. These are the list of affected brands is as follows:
- Batch brand pints, all flavors
- Royal Ice Cream Brand half Gallons, pints, cakes, all specialties.
- Ronny Brook Ice cream all flavor pints & 3-gallon tubs
- New Orleans Ice cream all flavor pints & 2.5-gallon tubs
- Maple Valley Ice Cream all flavor pints
- Art Cream all pint Flavors
- Sweet Scoops Yogurt all pint Flavors
- Gelato Fiasco all pint Flavors
- Biggy Iggy’s Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Munson Chip Wich Ice Cream sandwiches
- Giffords Ice cream Sandwiches all flavors
- Chewy Louie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Snow Wich Ice Cream Sandwich
- Newport Creamery – Crazy Vanilla, Van & Choc, Vanilla & Coffee HG – only
According to the FDA, these are the symptoms people can experience: nausea, vomiting, high fever, neck stiffness, diarrhea, severe headache, and abdominal pain. Infection with Listeria can also result in miscarriages and perinatal death in women who are pregnant.
While the FDA and the company investigate what caused the problem, the company holds future product and testing before releasing distribution of the product.
No illness has been reported from the product Consumers who have purchased any affected product are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers can call the corporation at 860-649-5358 if they have any queries.
Do you have any concerns about the ice cream recall? Give your valuable opinion in the comment section, and if you think more people should read this article, share it with your family and friends on social media.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice, and please consult a doctor before making any decision that could impact your health.