Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition is a compilation of three action-adventure games in the Grand Theft Auto series: Grand Theft Auto III (2001), Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002), and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004). It was developed by Grove Street Games and published by Rockstar Games. All three games are remastered, with visual enhancements and gameplay upgrades. It was released on Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on 11 November 2021, and is scheduled for release on Android and iOS devices in the first half of 2022. The games will feature "across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals".
However, not everyone is happy with the final product, on the contrary, a lot of people seem to be showing their discomfort for what's been labeled a "half-baked" attempt to cash in on a rabid fanbase who were hoping the remasters would prove to be the definitive way of playing these titles, when in fact, they're not. Overall, it seems Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy is far from the product fans deserved, making it one of the most disappointing releases of the year.
But if you would like to have a better gaming experience for the good old days' sake. Here are a few solutions that can work for ya!
1. Missing or Corrupted DLL Files and Error Code 0xc00007b
Here are a bunch of solutions you can try to fix the GTA Trilogy Missing or Corrupted DLL Files.
(1) Install the Latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
The most effective fix for the error is to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Most games require the Microsoft package to function. Although you should download the latest version of the program package, you should also install the previous versions as some games require the old version to function. Download all the below versions for x86 and x64 both.
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2009
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005
Once you have downloaded the files, install them and try launching the game after a restart.
(2) Run SFC Command
SFC is a command on Windows that runs through the Command Prompt. It’s great for resolving a range of errors on the OS including missing, corrupt, or overwritten DLL files. In most cases, the command will find any missing DLL. Here are the steps to run the SFC command.
- Press Windows Key + R and type cmd
- Hit the keys Shift + Ctrl + Enter simultaneously
- Type or paste sfc/scannow and hit enter
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the system.
Try running the game and the GTA the Trilogy – The Definitive Edition error code 0xc00007b will be fixed. If not, try the next solutions.
(3) Install Rockstar Games Launcher
This is another fix that has great potential in resolving the error with GTA Trilogy. The Rockstar Games Launcher has all the files required to run Rockstar Games, so by installing the program you have a better chance of avoiding missing files errors. You can Download the Rockstar Launcher by following the link. Once the program is installed, launch the game through it.
If the error is still not resolved, you could try running a third-party application that fixes dll files. There is much free software you can get after performing a search. Additionally, you could also try some other fixes like running the DISM command, reinstalling the DirectX, and disabling the antivirus or Windows Virus & threat protection.
2. Black Screen, Game Stuck, and Freezing Issues, Game Crashing
Black screen in games can be caused due to a range of issues, but it’s mostly graphics-related. So, the fixes you should try to resolve the problem are:
(1) Update the graphics card driver
(2) Run the game in Fullscreen mode
(3) Reduce the graphics settings of the game
(4) Try running the game on an SSD
(5) Perform clean boot – search our website for steps to perform clean boot (imp)
(6) Ensure that nothing is plugged into the PC except for mouse and keyword.
(7) Disable the antivirus