Great news! The Long Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau is gearing up to help you get the most from your visit to this charming SoCal locale with curated itineraries featuring food, culture, and shopping.
The plan is to release a new pre-packaged Long Beach Days & Getaways escape plan each week from now to early September.
According to the CVB:
Designed to immerse visitors in authentic Long Beach experiences and appeal to a variety of interests, Long Beach Days & Getaways are written by embedded locals with a flair for experiential writing. Crafted trip itineraries are also showcased in original videos that invite and entice the viewer to picture themselves exploring all Long Beach has to offer.
The campaign launched last week on the Things to Do page of the VisitLongBeach.com site. Must-see and do things include the Aquarium of the Pacific, the historic Queen Mary and tours of the city's downtown.
And of course, Long Beach is just an hour's drive from Universal Studios Hollywood, Disneyland, and Disney California Adventure. As those attractions open to a broader audience, they should definitely be part of your Long Beach plans.
Plus, the iconic Catalina Island is a ferry ride away. Once there, you can enjoy ziplining, hiking, shopping, scuba, snorkeling, and backcountry Jeep rides.
The current curated plans include:
- Beachside Brews & Bites: A relaxing and scenic afternoon for craft beer lovers, this day trip takes you on a tour of Long Beach's best-known taprooms and brewpubs, including the oldest brewery in the city, a sprawling water's-end spot with stunning views and mouth-watering IPAs, and the city's only cidery.
- Retro Whoa!: This day trip nostalgic exploration of Long Beach's retro hot spots includes independent vintage apparel and home goods shops, mid-century mod watering holes, and classic diners that you won't find anywhere else.
- Urban Luxe Getaway: Unwind your body and soul with a one-of-a-kind urban luxe weekend getaway combining unique relaxation and spa treatments with an opulent resort stay and the city's most sumptuous cuisine in glamorous settings.
- Waterfront Getaway: This getaway takes you on a tour of the city's historically lively coastline connected by a 5.5-mile sandy beach with a paved path from Rainbow Harbor to Belmont Shore. Oceanview resorts with rooftop pools, restaurants with stunning views, and international attractions offer world-class accommodations for visitors and staycationers alike as they enjoy an active family weekend in and out of the water.
- Wine & Cheese, Please! Getaway: Long Beach's vibrant wine bar scene is voluminous and expanding, complete with tastings, music, food, and, in at least one case, art classes. There are so many wine bars in the city that we needed two days for this tour and it just scratches the surface. So, stay hydrated, pace yourself, have a bit to eat – we have recommendations for that, too – and bottoms up!