The Arizona Dept. of Transportation (ADOT) says that the southbound lanes of Interstate I-17 will be closed around the Loop 101 intersection. Here are the details:
- Southbound I-17 will be closed between Pinnacle Peak Road and Union Hills Drive from 9 p.m. Friday (March 17) to 5 a.m. Monday (March 20).
- Both Loop 101 ramps to southbound I-17 will be closed.
- Southbound I-17 ramps to Loop 101 will be closed.
- Southbound I-17 on-ramps at Jomax and Happy Valley roads will be also closed.
Travelers can take the following detours:
- Southbound I-17 drivers can exit in advance of the closure;
- For example, use southbound 19th Avenue, to reach eastbound Loop 101
- Or use southbound 19th Avenue to continue south to travel beyond the closure.
There will be other closures in the Phoenix area this weekend as well.
- Eastbound US 60 will be closed between McClintock Drive and Country Club Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 20);
- Westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane overnights between Riggs Road and the Gila River Bridge (near SR 587) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (March 19-23).
- Westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane between two miles east of Watson Road to one mile west of Miller Road from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Sunday (March 19).
In addition, travelers should expect that traffic near and heading to State Farm Stadium will be much slower than normal on Friday and Saturday. This is due to the Taylor Swift concert which starts at 6.30 pm, but traffic will start piling up well before then in the mid-afternoon.
Don't forget to hit the "Thumbs up" button and also the "Follow" button below. You can also download the Newsbreak app to become a Registered Follower. That way you can see all my prior articles. Click on the link underneath my profile name above.
Mark R. Hake, CFA, writes articles on national and local news, stocks, and market events at InvestorPlace.com, Barchart.com, Medium.com, and Newsbreak.com as well as TalkMarkets.
Comments / 0