HOUSTON — Houston Public Library is expanding its service and hours starting on Tuesday, June 1. Eleven Neighborhood Libraries are re-opening to the public, although with a limited capacity.
Patrons can now utilize the Express Browsing service, check out materials, and use library computers for up to one hour. Special Collections Libraries will also be open for research. Appointments are not required. Please note, however, that Express Browsing is limited to 50% capacity on a first-come basis to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
The library also continues to provide the following services:
1. Technology Access at TECHLink
TECHLink is the library's multimedia and technology center. It aims to provide free and equitable access to emerging state-of-the-art technologies.
You can call one of their TECHLink locations for inquiries or schedule an appointment.
- TECHLink at Scenic Woods Regional Library | 832-393-2407
- TECHLink Dixon Powered by Aramco | 832-393-1760
2. Interview Rooms
Patrons can schedule an appointment to use the library's interview rooms by calling one of the locations below or reserving online:
- Henington-Alief Regional Library
- McCrane-Kashmere Gardens Neighborhood Library
- Park Place Regional Library
- Shepard-Acres Homes Neighborhood Library
- Smith Neighborhood Library
- Stimley-Blue Ridge Neighborhood Library
Due to the health safety protocols, only two people are allowed inside at a time.
3. HPL TO GO Curbside Service
All the Express Browsing locations offer HPL TO GO curbside service by appointment. The service allows patrons to place items on hold for pick-up at the preferred locations.
To schedule pick-up appointments, contact the Circulation Administration at 832-393-2222 or fill in the form at https://houstonlibrary.libnet.info/myappointments.